Fast Pitch Catchers Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have an 8yr old daughter who is a catcher. Shes used the Under Armour 31.5" catchers mitt the last 2 years for 8u but is moving up to 10u in the fall, Were trying to get ahead of the game and have been practicing with the 10u ball but she is struggling keeping the 11"ball from popping out of her glove, Her private coach thinks the under armour is quite small for the 11" ball but i can not find a 32" glove for thew life of me. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Or give any suggestions. Thanks!!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don't know of anyone who makes a 32" mitt, and in the real world you won't see any significant difference from a 31.5". Sizing is not consistent from manufacturer to manufacturer. Also, catcher's mitts are measured in circumference, so the difference of 1/2" will be almost nothing when it comes to being "larger".

If you're looking for an upgrade, and want to sty on the smaller side, this is worth considering...
https://www.vincipro.com/Fortus-Black-32.5-Inch-Fast-Pitch-Catchers-Mitt.html

At 9yo, my DD was using a 34" Mizuno.

Apr 30, 2018
32 is a bit of a unicorn. 32.5" will really open up your options don't know what your price point is, but something like this maybe??

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
reconcile yourself to the fact that the mitt she uses for 10u will probably not last much beyond that. at that age, unless she is in the 99th percentile, hands are fairly small.

unless she is catching real flamethrowers, I would get the mitt she can most easily close on and secure an 11" ball, and does not require too much to break in. worry about 12" ball her last spring of 10u (only so you have time to break it in for fall of her first 12u year, good quality mitt will take some breaking in).

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD used a Mizuno Prospect GXS 101 in 10U. It’s not a great glove by any means, but it was easy to break in and easy to close. Pitchers were throwing mid 40’s. Probably have to buy one a year for two years, but at $50 it’s not a bad deal. It worked well with the 11” ball.

May 6, 2015
DD used a Mizuno Prospect GXS 101 in 10U. It’s not a great glove by any means, but it was easy to break in and easy to close. Pitchers were throwing mid 40’s. Probably have to buy one a year for two years, but at $50 it’s not a bad deal. It worked well with the 11” ball.
think this is what DD used in 10u first year, halfway through second spring of 10u, had to move move to AS CMW3000 (would have switched earlier, but took some breaking in, she use an inner glove in the interim). jdaddy is spot on, comes pretty much broke in, but no good for flamethrowers, probably have issues with 12 inch ball too.

Sep 3, 2019
My daughter has a 31.5 All Star youth catchers mitt she is a small 11 year old. This is a great glove for young catchers. We just upgraded to the vinci Fortus, I agree with Eric F it’s a great quality glove for a young player. Think they had a 20%off sale too.

Aug 25, 2015
Vinci Fortus is great glove for that age. DD used it through 10u and 12u, no problem with 12" ball. Hard throwers on her team during that time, 52-61, padding was great. However, better buy it today, takes forever to break in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez