Facemask just part of the uniform for Kentucky pitcher Kelsey Nunley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Gotta love a collegiate pitcher who wears a mask!!!! Great role model for other pitchers, just like I tell my DD that she needs to be a role model for all the rec ball players who happen to see her pitch!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
That could be the case. So I must ask....does a riseball really rise? Is there such a thing a sharp late break?

Time to microwave some popcorn, sit back and watch the show. :)

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
DW made DD1 AND DD2 (pitcher) wear masks this year after a training accident ended up with a broken nose. They were the first two at varisty level to wear them at the school. I asked DD 1 who was short stop before state tournements if she wanted me to intercede about wearing the mask and she said now that she was used to it she really did not notice she was wearing it.

Fast forward to last night I go to the 14U practice and there are two pitchers and an infielder with masks on. I must say that I felt like my girls were trend setters at the school leading the way for others to wear masks. It felt good to see them wearing the masks. I asked one other parent about it and he said that it was the right thing to do. Amazing-no debate -nothing.

FYI-you will never, ever know what it feels like to walk up to a girl that took a line drive until you do it. Then anything you ever thought or felt about this being bad will change on the spot. It is not pretty. Some would say all of us are reliving our youth through our kids or teams at some level whether we admit it or not. Make sure that it is a pleasant experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24