Face masks for any fielder any age?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2012
From what I've gathered on this form, young players are using them for safety--to prevent injury. College girls are mostly only wearing them after injury. The future may see more masks on older players for safety as the young players of today age up, but now it hasn't caught on.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
My 12 y/o DD started wearing one off and on when she was 10. Starting with this past fall ball season, she was wearing it any time she was in the infield or pitching. My 7 y/o started wearing one this season when she's in the infield or pitching, but not because she's afraid of injury. She's wearing it because she has 2 or 3 loose teeth and she doesn't want to miss out on that Tooth Fairy money should a rogue softball knock one out and she can't find it. Their aunt bought them the McDavid chest protector undershirts and they are both wearing those as well.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Last year my oldest GD sr in hs, was not taught to get out of the circle on between inngs, on throw to 2nd by the catcher until the sectional semi final game, WHEN THE CATCHER MISSED HER IN THE FRONT OF THE FACE, by an eyelash, and i went to the dugout and informed the coach, that they just about lost their ace, and you guy's have left her in the circle all the time, Needless to say you might visualize where she was in the sectional championship game, not In the circle on the throw down. She had a couple real close ones on line drives that just missed her face, never had a mask on. Now 2 younger GD'S, one should be pitching 9th grade,
The other ,7th grade pitching, and i may just buy 2 masks and it's their choice if they would prefer to wear them. Crazy things happen, and for 20.00 it's a shame more don't wear them.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Who is switching the conversation, if you are referring to me i asked about masks usage to begin with and merely added to it , if that's wrong i guess i don't belong here?

If the moderator of the forum thinks it is in appropriate then he should tell me.
Have a good day!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g