everyone needs to read this...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
It is a reminder that we all should love our kids unconditionally. And let them know that everyday. I'm not an emotional guy, but that story touched me in places I forgot I had. My prayers are with the family.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Wow. She gave away her ball bag. I hadn't read that until, now.

I had thought perhaps she was participating in the "choking game" and her death was an accident. But, I was wrong.

I just cannot imagine the pain that her family is experiencing. I suspect that her mother found her. How awful.

Bri has a little sister. I pray that she is able to get some peace.

Dec 15, 2009
i also suspect that her mother found her. and i feel so horrible for the family. i wish them peace and happiness from now on. It does make me wonder though, what motivated her to do this. I wish I knew some warning signs or something so I could help fellow teammates or anyone really. This is a horrible situation and I'm sure it affects more softball players than we know about. Her sophmore year she had a scholarship to go to Arizona.....the same college I dream about going to. What upsets me so much about this is that she had so much going for her.....what made her want to do this? Is it the drama that goes along with being good? or the drama that goes along with being dedicated to something and working your butt off to become better? I know the pressure of those situations.....but was it peer pressure? If that's the case, then it scares me. not only because I don't want to be caught in that, but i don't want anyone else to be caught in that either.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
softball_chic, It may be as simple as saying that she had depression. I guess it is an awful dark disease. Since it is not something that someone can see, it is easy to hide it.

Plus, I can't think of anyone that I have ever known with depression, that would admit that they had a problem.

I am thinking of a nephew of mine that was bipolar, but still pulling A's at the U of IL. business school.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I absolutely agree that it isn't as simple as saying that she had depression, but however, it is as simple as saying what was done for it? The article mentions her depression, but did anyone help her? Did she seek professional help? None of those questions are answered, which makes me wonder. However, if nothing was done I feel awful for the people that were around her and knew... they must feel guilty for not having forced her to seek help or whatever.

Also, giving away her ball bag... that's awful.

It definitely sounds like she had a nice service though. I've also said that I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread on the ball field. Then I want an electronic scoreboard dedicated in my honor. That being said, I have no intentions of dying anytime soon.

Dec 15, 2009
I also would like my ashes split into 3 parts. 1 part be spread on a beach, another in the woods where i go hunting, and the last on a ball field around here. Those are the places I love, have the most memories at and have helped me become the young woman i am today. I have no intentions of dying soon either.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'm sure a lot of people have an idea about what they want done with their remains when they die, however, if someone starts talking to you about it randomly it is definitely a warning sign. So, don't take it lightly if someone comes up and tells you they want their ashes spread in the outfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG