Equipment bags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2013
Here guys need a little help. We have a company that wants to sponsor our travel team. He wants to donate some money for equipment and wants his company logo on them, no problem. My question is were is a good place to order equipment/bat bags from and have a company name plus our team name on them?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What is the age group?

First you have to find out how much money you have to spend on the bags. That will help you choose what type of bag (bag or backpack bag) and quality you can pick from. Lets just say for example, back pack bags. There are 2 bat or 4 bat ones. There are ones that are priced from the mid 20 buck range all the way to 90 bucks. So you have a wide range of price also. But remember, sometimes you get what you pay for.

BTW, many equipment places do not do the logo or name on it. All you do is take to a local place to embroider or whatever you want.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Also keep in mind that your catchers will probably need a larger bag than the rest of the team.

Depending on your budget, bags from Boombah may fit your needs - lots of color options, great quality, 10+ quantity discount.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
You might want to check out your locally owned sporting goods store. I have found that my local store has access to many top name brands. Also, I can get a better team discount from them since they emdroider and silk screen on-site than I can if I have to order the bags from somewhere and then take them elsewhere to have names/numbers/logos put on them. Plus, if you have issues you have someone you can talk to face to face and best of all, you keep your money in your local community.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You might want to check out your locally owned sporting goods store. I have found that my local store has access to many top name brands. Also, I can get a better team discount from them since they emdroider and silk screen on-site than I can if I have to order the bags from somewhere and then take them elsewhere to have names/numbers/logos put on them. Plus, if you have issues you have someone you can talk to face to face and best of all, you keep your money in your local community.

Problem is, most local owned shops don't follow what the going rates are for equipment. So most of the time, they are far more expensive then on the net. I hate to say that, because I enjoy shopping the local stores, but its the truth. I don't know how many times I walked into mom and pop stores and they have 2 year old stuff at full blown retail. Also, a lot of times, the local stores don't have the multiple options as the net. They only have what they deal with which is sometimes maybe only one or two manufacturers. Also, most of the time these little stores don't get the best level of pricing from the manufacturer, so they are paying more to get the stuff, in turn, have to charge you more than others would.
You are going to be face to face with the embroider person that you choose.

Apr 25, 2010
I would advise looking at Max Ball Bags. They are the company that actually makes Boombah's bags. They have a removable panel that you take to have embroidered and the bags last forever. My daughter is on her third season with her. She did break a strap, and her org is getting new bags so she will be getting whatever they decide on. But I highly recommend Max Ball Bags.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I would advise looking at Max Ball Bags. They are the company that actually makes Boombah's bags. They have a removable panel that you take to have embroidered and the bags last forever. My daughter is on her third season with her. She did break a strap, and her org is getting new bags so she will be getting whatever they decide on. But I highly recommend Max Ball Bags.

Boombah's version is cheaper, and offers more color choices.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Problem is, most local owned shops don't follow what the going rates are for equipment. So most of the time, they are far more expensive then on the net. I hate to say that, because I enjoy shopping the local stores, but its the truth. I don't know how many times I walked into mom and pop stores and they have 2 year old stuff at full blown retail. Also, a lot of times, the local stores don't have the multiple options as the net. They only have what they deal with which is sometimes maybe only one or two manufacturers. Also, most of the time these little stores don't get the best level of pricing from the manufacturer, so they are paying more to get the stuff, in turn, have to charge you more than others would.
You are going to be face to face with the embroider person that you choose.

Core, I agree with all that you have said. Around here there are several small mom and pop stores such as you describe. Luckily, there is a Play It Again Sports store nearby and they are locally owned. They have a wide variety of brands they can order from since they have the chain buying power at their disposal and their prices are very competitive with on-line because of the team discount they give. Since they do the embroidering in house, they give a discount on that as well so most of time it actually turns out being a little cheaper than if I bought on-line then took it somewhere to be embroidered. I'm not saying everywhere is like that, just that it may be worth their while to spend a few minutes looking for a local store similar to what I've found.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole