End loaded or not

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I know this is a common discussion, but I am bringing it up again. We are looking at either a nanotech or rocketech. DD will be 12 in a couple months, 5'3 and 110. She hit a 32/20 rain light this past season, getting too light by seasons end. She was our team's power hitter, (not saying a lot) has hit over on shortened fence distance (with an 11 inch ball though). If you ranked all of the 12u we have seen in power 1-10, she is probably an 8.

I can not find a rocketech for her to try anywhere. Right now we are leaning toward a nanotech and thinking trying an end loaded bat in a couple years.

At what age did your dd's that hit an end loaded bat start using one?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I know this is a common discussion, but I am bringing it up again. We are looking at either a nanotech or rocketech. DD will be 12 in a couple months, 5'3 and 110. She hit a 32/20 rain light this past season, getting too light by seasons end. She was our team's power hitter, (not saying a lot) has hit over on shortened fence distance (with an 11 inch ball though). If you ranked all of the 12u we have seen in power 1-10, she is probably an 8.

I can not find a rocketech for her to try anywhere. Right now we are leaning toward a nanotech and thinking trying an end loaded bat in a couple years.

The RT would be a big jump - going from a -12 to -9. I'd say go w/ a Nanotek -10 (although 2012 also is available as a -12) - its balanced and has a bigger sweet spot than the RT. Be patient and keep your eyes open for a RT to try out the endload - NIW 2012s can be had for $200 and the 2011s for $150, but I prefer used for under $100 until I know she likes it.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD was pretty much in the same boat. She used he Rain 32/20 last spring and I saw that it appeared to light. Everything was down the 3rd base line unless I was constantly telling her to wait. I picked up a used CF4 32/22 which helped some and increased the distance. Purchased an RT 32/23 for fall and haven't looked back.

Jun 24, 2009

My DD was 13,but,had been swinging a -10 four previous years.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
At age 14, my DD owned her first RT. She was probably 5'6 and had taken hitting lessons for several years. I would go with Nanotek. It is an excellent bat.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
DD used an end loaded DeMarini Voodoo at ages 10 & 11. AD ran over the bat with his scooter thing he runs between fields on and we replaced it with a Nanotech. DD loves both bats, hit for power with both.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Only a good hitting instructor can tell you if the end loaded bat is the best bat for your dd. It depends on her hand path. Most are better off not using an end loaded bat, but if she has a good swing then the end loaded will give her better results. She drops her hands and bat head, then you made a mistake.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Good luck today! Found an '05 rt 30/21 in great shape at used sporting goods store for $40. Would have liked an inch or two longer, but for that price we could use it over the winter and buy a new one if it works out.

Dec 11, 2010
I am really interested in the new NanoTek's and would love to hear some feedback on them if anyone is using one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks