Emergency bat needed and I have no clue!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Great! Out of curiosity, what bat was she using before?

When you're checking out the board for tips be sure to read FiveFrameSwing and Wellphyt. There are other good ones, also, but these are the two I follow mostly. Very knowledgeable and easy to understand. Post a video if you want to get some really good feedback.

Have fun! Your DD is lucky to have your support!

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Okay guys - I did it!

I broke down and bought the Demarini CF4 ST Fastpitch Bat for $199.00

I went with the 32/22...

Mike

You will not be disappointed. It's not a coincidence that most of the top teams in college softball use this same bat.

Mar 13, 2010
Pizmaster the CF range from DeMarini is a wonderful bat. I have the CF3 and love it.

I hope composites don't become illegal in the future. I am just throwing that out there, because they are in HS baseball and you mention that your younger daughter might use the bat down the road.

It's not far off. If the equipment is making it too dangerous for the girls to play without facemasks then the technology needs to be banned.

It's funny, I love my compisite bat but I still feel I hit better with an aluminium bat. I hit HARDER with my compisite though. (and I miss the sweet ping)

Mar 13, 2010
I actually prefer the crack of a composite over the ping of an aluminum. My DD does too.

Everyone's different. My pings come from memory's of being a teenager and hitting a beautiful hit.

I think it's a shame that the bat does more towards the home runs than the girls do in a lot of cases. I know it's a very old school opinion, but bats shouldn't help as much as composites do.

It also helps keep poorer players from being considered the best.

Oct 25, 2009
Everyone's different. My pings come from memory's of being a teenager and hitting a beautiful hit.

I think it's a shame that the bat does more towards the home runs than the girls do in a lot of cases. I know it's a very old school opinion, but bats shouldn't help as much as composites do.

It also helps keep poorer players from being considered the best.

As do private lessons.

I wish they would come out with a bat with uniform, consistent, unalterable physical characteristics. That would level the playing field as far as equipment goes. But until then a player has to keep up with the Joneses; or fall behind the Joneses. And any competitor knows being behind is not the feeling you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd