Ejection Threshhold and Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Sounds like there is more to the story here, like maybe a history with Blue? Maybe not the coach in question, but maybe the other coach or players?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
It would be nice if the post to which one is responding is cited. Some of these cold replies seem to be toward a coach when the OP is the catcher.

Sep 18, 2011
This has little to do with the OP but just a general observation - I have watched pro baseball my whole life and fastpitch softball for the last 7 years. I cannot believe how often coaches argue balls and strikes in fastpitch. It blows my mind. I keep expecting blue to eject the coaches for arguing balls and strikes, but they almost never do. Maybe baseball rules are different from softball. I don't know. But softball umps are WAY too tolerant in my opinion. You CANNOT argue balls and strikes!!! EVER!! It is an inviolable rule of the universe.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This has little to do with the OP but just a general observation - I have watched pro baseball my whole life and fastpitch softball for the last 7 years. I cannot believe how often coaches argue balls and strikes in fastpitch. It blows my mind. I keep expecting blue to eject the coaches for arguing balls and strikes, but they almost never do. Maybe baseball rules are different from softball. I don't know. But softball umps are WAY too tolerant in my opinion. You CANNOT argue balls and strikes!!! EVER!! It is an inviolable rule of the universe.

How long before balls and strikes in MLB are called by a computer? They already have the ability to superimpose the strike zone on the TV screen.

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas City
Well after reading this I only have my opinion but I think great job to both catch and coach. Way to stand up and ask and question authority this is part of becoming an adult if it didn't seem right say something just because ump, teacher, coach, police officer, etc says something doesn't make it right. Only next time don't say it under your breath be clear and concise. To the coach way to stand up for a player she needs to know that you have her back. Can't say anything for ump maybe bad day history what ever but that's just the game. Never feel afraid to question authority I'm not saying rebel and do it your way but to question is more than ok. If you accept the answer fine if you don't then time to make adult decisions that may change things either way sound like you are old enough to realize this.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Well after reading this I only have my opinion but I think great job to both catch and coach. Way to stand up and ask and question authority this is part of becoming an adult if it didn't seem right say something just because ump, teacher, coach, police officer, etc says something doesn't make it right. Only next time don't say it under your breath be clear and concise. To the coach way to stand up for a player she needs to know that you have her back. Can't say anything for ump maybe bad day history what ever but that's just the game. Never feel afraid to question authority I'm not saying rebel and do it your way but to question is more than ok. If you accept the answer fine if you don't then time to make adult decisions that may change things either way sound like you are old enough to realize this.

It doesn't have anything to do with what is said, but how it is presented. Obviously, the coach has never taught the catcher on the mannerism of conversing with an umpire. BTW, a coach who gets tossed "supporting" his/her player is a fool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole