Eazy Riseball trainer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Think I seen a Nerf ball that was made very similar to this. Even close to the size of a softball

If all someone is after is pretending to throw a riseball that lifts, then they can do so simply by throwing 'lite flight' balls. You don't even need to achieve the ideal spin.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm with you Riseball.... I'm interested in the gadget for 9-10yr olds. An 11" ball don't cut like a 12"... I'm in the pre 50mph, handle a 12" a lot early, understanding movement early group. I believe in getting them on the road to the rise, as early as possible... JMHO :cool:

PC, I've pitched such balls to teams as part of pre-game warm-ups. From my perspective, and the perspective of the players, the movement is unnatural.

Using such balls for hitting is not a great idea IMO ... and in the opinion of many that I've worked with.

The benefit is that they are lite, travel a decent distance to offer a positive visualization reward for extending effort, and cause little damage to the person pitching when they are hit by a line-drive.

The disadvantage is that you are tuning up hitters with pitched balls that move differently than what they will see in the game.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I think I would be more inclined to raise the seams on regular 12" ball... maybe with elec. glue gun & sticks... ???? If you could get the seams up 1/4" - 3/8th" and it would stay on for about a month... which way would you throw the "rise" 2 seam or 4 seam ??? :cool:

I think the seams wouldn't feel right and would make it awkward to grip. How around taking some 80 grit to the surface? Might be fun to video the profiles of various balls shot out of a Juggs machine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish