Easton Ghost Advanced Gold

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 31, 2021
I am positive I read that the gold version is a limited edition paint job. However I ran across a representative on Facebook claiming it has improved durability. I am about ready to pull the trigger on a Ghost bat for my daughter, and then I ran across this. What are your thoughts?Screenshot_20210403-194138_Facebook.jpg

May 29, 2019
No, that was my first post.
The consensus says new paint. This thread asks the exact same question a day earlier:

Dec 11, 2010
@DumbFarmer

Now that I’ve had my coffee I wanted to explain a little more.

Over the years here, every once in awhile, we have employees of online retail bat companies show up here and post stuff. It’s usually cut and paste marketing drivel but sometimes they try to look like a parent. It does not add value to the forum. Often members here jump on that to prevent those kinds of posts.

Again, welcome to the forums.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It is a paint job....period. Even Easton's site states it and everybody I have talked to. I was warned
a paint job was coming from my Easton sales rep. Sis did the same thing
with the stars and stripes...claim it was some updated bat. Nice way to try and get 50 bucks
more...because just saying its an exclusive wont get people to pay the extra 50. SIS does it
in slowpitch 50 times a year, exclusives like crazy.

Again, same question I said on the other thread. Do you think Easton put hundreds of thousands
of dollars into a new bat, to only sell 2000 to certain stores...OR does this sound more sensible. Repaint
a bat after its been out for over a year to get a quick jump in sales for a month that would be slow otherwise.

And the new ADV will be out in January

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021
@DumbFarmer

Now that I’ve had my coffee I wanted to explain a little more.

Over the years here, every once in awhile, we have employees of online retail bat companies show up here and post stuff. It’s usually cut and paste marketing drivel but sometimes they try to look like a parent. It does not add value to the forum. Often members here jump on that to prevent those kinds of posts.

Again, welcome to the forums.

I am by no means a representative for one of these companies. I am a coal miner, farmer, husband, and father of 2 sports loving kids. I can understand the concern and I appreciate all input. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55