Easton Ghost Advanced or 2018 Blue Ghost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 29, 2019
I'm curious what everyone thinks when comparing the two bats. I know a few years ago the Blue was supposed to be the BEST but now they've come out with the Advanced. We have a Blue Ghost for High School here in Connecticut but I'm also purchasing the Easton Advanced. What is everyone's thoughts on these two bats and which one does your daughter like better?

Jun 6, 2018
Great question. My daughter used the advance all summer and then at beginning of fall wanted to go back to the blue. After 2 weeks of using both she says they are almost identical. She feels the ball comes off quicker from the blue but that the feel of the advance is smoother. distance wise she is hitting the same the only eye test review showed was that ground balls/line drives seem to get through the infield quicker off the blue.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has used the 2018 Blue, 2020 regular, and the current Advanced. She says the swing feel of the 2020 and Adv are pretty much the same, but slightly different than the 2018. She likes the feel of the ball off the 2020 best. She is currently using an Adv.

May 29, 2019
Great question. My daughter used the advance all summer and then at beginning of fall wanted to go back to the blue. After 2 weeks of using both she says they are almost identical. She feels the ball comes off quicker from the blue but that the feel of the advance is smoother. distance wise she is hitting the same the only eye test review showed was that ground balls/line drives seem to get through the infield quicker off the blue.
So the Blue is hotter?

Oct 10, 2019
My daughter has both bats and while she really likes the ADVANCED she absolutely loves the 2018 ghost.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I dont think either is heads and shoulders above the other. Some will say the Blue, some the ADV.
Depends on the player and what kind of feel they like better

Jun 19, 2016
You can't get the 2018 Blue....or the 2019 Gold...unless you want a 31/20. I got both. You can send me a message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45