Easton Baseball Bat Class Action (overweight)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Check your local PIAS and see if they have a 30" Rocketech, that'd be a great offseason trainer, for what.....$20.00? And I just gave away a 30" RT several months back!
Unfortunately the closest PIAS to us is over 5 hrs away. My end goal is to eventually open some up in LA but that will be way way down the line.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Because these girls are too big and the fields are too small. Do you know how many 200+ pound girls I saw in Texas at the Bombers Showcase? They could throw the ball over a 210 foot fence, and now you're going to give these behemoth girls the same drop level on a bat they've had since they were 6....and on the same field?
Its ridiculous. -5 bats only for 14U and up and let's start a discussion about making the field/diamond larger. 75 foot bases and 250 foot fences ought to do it. The crushed balls will still carry 250 and it might get rid of the oopsie HRs. We had one of our slappers go yaya a few weeks back in AZ
In the pitching forum under post
Kathy Van Wyk- Hall of Fame Pitcher has an article of her accomplishments and
has a comparison of her pitching record and then Jennie Finch finally beating that record. Someone else brought up it's not a good comparison from old softball to new softball because of the changes in the sport.
Brings this point.
The changes were made because of fastpitch used to be a pitcher's duel. Many extra-inning games including double-digits even up into the 20 + Innings. Very FEW home runs if any. They move the pitching back three feet and then the change of the ball and the bat.
( add not having to move out of way on inside pitches= HBP giving a free base changed game to)
Resulting in more baserunners per game. Where batters took control and the batting averages exceed batting averages of the past in Fastpitch AND exceed the batting averages in MLB baseball. That does kind of tell us that the changes to softball have given batters a greater advantage.

*There is a reason for all this.
To make the game more entertaining!
More hitting, base runners and home runs
= more excitement!

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Bats have def changed the game...players can mishit balls out nowadays or pop them up and they carry out. Not much room for error by the pitcher.

But I still think its a pitchers game...you don't see many offense only teams winning anything much...always comes down
to the pitching.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Bats have def changed the game...players can mishit balls out nowadays or pop them up and they carry out. Not much room for error by the pitcher.

But I still think its a pitchers game...you don't see many offense only teams winning anything much...always comes down
to the pitching.
Compairing hitting
New ball vs. Old ball
With
New bat vs. Old bat
vs.
Old bat & new ball

* The new ball has more flight!

True bats are lighter.
Still new ball flys considerably farther.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles