Easton Baseball Bat Class Action (overweight)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You don't have to weigh every bat physically, just come to this forum and ask or check the database. Most people know the "range" most bats will fall into. And again, I don't like that most bats aren't what is stickered...but I would def rather have a bat that
has a pretty clear range than a bat that's all over the place. Atleast then, you know pretty safely, what the bat will
fall into even if you order online from a store or ebay or whatever.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Easton definitely isnt the only one. My daughters ‘19 LXT 29/17 weighs the exact same as her 29/18 CF9.
Hell I recently bought a ‘16 Xeno thats supposed to be a 29/18 and it weighed 19.875 ounces.

Attachments

• 074D5A44-4053-4658-9A23-59BC34742F9F.jpeg
    074D5A44-4053-4658-9A23-59BC34742F9F.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 10

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
So again, now I know there is no consistency in bats and will weigh any bat I will consider purchasing in the future. I will also let everyone we know about the descepencies.

I weigh ALOT of bats due to selling alot of used bats. One thing Ive found is that Demarini’s are pretty spot on to weight, LS and Easton are typically 1-1.5 ounce heavier than labelled. From what Ive been told, and it might not even be true, is that Easton and LS are made to a certain weight without bat grips installed. So that would definitely make sense.

i think this lawsuit is a bit frivolous bc itd be one thing if the weights were all over the place but they are all at least consistent when it comes to Easton and LS. Id rather a bat that I always knew was 1 oz heavier than hoping I grabbed the one that may or may not be around what I need.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
The small Xenos used to be the worst out there. Just seems the small bats period are pretty bad.

i thought about getting her a Camwood bat to practice with in the offseason but Im just going to let her use that telephone pole , I mean Xeno, instead. If she doesnt get stronger from that thing, I dont know what will help haha

Dec 5, 2017
Forgive me since I just umpire the game and was never a coach, but does one or two ounces really make that big a difference? I've seen bats with extra grip tape, those swing-tracking sensors, and other little add-ons that I'm guessing could add a couple of extra ounces. Also, batters wear batting gloves, elbow guards, and signal card holders that also add one or two ounces. Wouldn't they also contribute to the batter's swing mechanic?

I guess I just don't see the big deal.
For most girls they probably can't tell the difference. When you have a daughter like mine it does, she is 11 and weighs 60-62 lbs. While she is quite strong relative to her size because she loves working out, you hand her a bat an inch longer or a couple oz heavier and it takes some getting used to. Not as big a deal now but at 7 & 8 it was an issue. Stuck with the ole -13 Combat forever, took a long time to get used to a -11 cf9. Heck she used to complain about how heavy her glove was :rolleyes:.

Dec 11, 2010
Players have managed with over sticker bats since whenever composite bats came out. Late 90’s?

This generation will too. The folks that freak out about this have misplaced concerns.

Every hitter on every college roster today, every pro softball player playing today swung an over sticker bat or is currently swinging one.

Heck look at the bat Radcatcher used in the CWS in the 80’s..... With 40’ pitchers...

This is not worth the fuss and it certainly isn’t worth lawsuits.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Your Honor, The most common material for bats of all time is wood.

The weight of wood... varies. Even among identical species and sizes of bats. Roughly -3, but it varies.

Your Honor, I point to DFP. While this is the Premier place to find softball talk of all types, it is clear, and I’m talking CRYSTYL BUSTOS clear, that softball parents are aware that variations in manufacturing standards and variation in bat makers policies and practices that have been in existence since Michelle Smith was playing with rocks and sticks among covered wagons on the dusty plains of the Pioneer Trail headed to Huntington Beach. That parents KNOW some manufacturers bats are over the mere suggestion of weight found on bat packaging and marketing information placed on the bat as a courtesy to the buyer. And that these parent buyers knew or should have known that the Bat Weight Database on the DFP forum would accurately depict SCALE WEIGHT, not the Swing Weight portrayed by my client. SWING WEIGHT is a proprietary calculation of how much weight the player feels when SWINGING the bat and is provided after making proprietary calculations, (which my client does not wish to disclose), that provide the TRAMPOLINE AFFECT to take your dd to new heights ON THE DIAMOND AND BEYOND!

I submit to you that IF THIS HORWEEN DOES NOT FIT, You MUST ACQUIT!

I move for immediate dismissal of this patently false and frivolous action perpetrated upon my client, an action filed only in the name of enriching opposing counsel!

Disclaimer: Unpaid fake tv lawyer. Above arguments are by a poser who has only driven by a law school on the interstate in a hillbilly F-250 and likely didn’t even slow down to look at it, let alone attend it. This post does not constitute legal advice. You should consult a real attorney with a (real) phoney baloney law degree hanging on the wall of his office proving he partied there in the 80’s before making any legal decision.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Omg, swing weight is another thing...hahaha. That was a phrase that let Steve sell bats 3-4oz over sticker for years.

And probably another reason nothing would ever come of any lawsuit...just bring up swing weight...hahahaha.
Combat slowpitch bats as well...I would have one .4 oz over...and then one 1.5 oz over....and they would say swing weight.
I was like...stop the BS...no way you take every bat off the line and adjust every bat to be perfect :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
i thought about getting her a Camwood bat to practice with in the offseason but Im just going to let her use that telephone pole , I mean Xeno, instead. If she doesnt get stronger from that thing, I dont know what will help haha

Check your local PIAS and see if they have a 30" Rocketech, that'd be a great offseason trainer, for what.....$20.00? And I just gave away a 30" RT several months back!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles