Dragging rear foot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2010
My daughter is 13 yrs old. She has pitched for several years. She has a good pitch form, but she drags her back foot really bad. This is starting to cause her pain in the ankle. She looks like she is digging with her foot as she is pitching. She is trying to find a way that she won't drag as bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 27, 2010
A heavy toe drag or foot drag can cause ankle or knee pain. Can you post some video? Without seeing how she pushs off, it would a guess as to how to fix it.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
My daughter is 13 yrs old. She has pitched for several years. She has a good pitch form, but she drags her back foot really bad. This is starting to cause her pain in the ankle. She looks like she is digging with her foot as she is pitching. She is trying to find a way that she won't drag as bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SOFTBALLCHIC20, my daughter who is 15 took lessons from a guy who taught leap and drag method, she was not improving all his instructions were leap further and get closer to the pitcher. After a year and instead of improving she was getting worse.

I found a coach who taught an aggressive step and not leap and drag and she has shown great improvement and she had been having leg and back problems due to the leap and drag method and would not tell until the coach she is with know asked, and he got it correct what she was having problems with. She would not tell due to thinking we would not let her pitch if she told she was hurting.

We are in the area of Chattanooga, TN area from your name I’m guessing you are in a different area, you may want to look for an instructor who teaches another type method other than leap and drag. I’m not saying that is a bad method just suggesting that it is not for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand