Drag Foot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Looks like her foot is pretty far down in that hole already. I would say she is not driving forwards at her optimum level (based on very little information). She is very nice and open! Her form looks strong and aggressive. Maybe a tiny tilt forwards, but hard to say at that moment without comparing it to others... also... the ball position.. Haven't we (the forum) talked that at 12 o'clock the ball should be facing 3rd?
She looks great for 11! Where does that glove hand go when she completes her pitch?

Assuming you are referring to the pitcher in my post.

The pivot foot is completely on the side of the foot. If she had ANY push off going on from the rubber, the ankle would be extended, it is not, ergo - step style pitcher with ZERO push off.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2011
My dd is twelve and this year she is on her 4th pair of cleats and were still not finished .. I think im going to invest in the ringor cleats .. She has a heavy drag foot.

Sep 3, 2009
Looks like her foot is pretty far down in that hole already. I would say she is not driving forwards at her optimum level (based on very little information). She is very nice and open! Her form looks strong and aggressive. Maybe a tiny tilt forwards, but hard to say at that moment without comparing it to others... also... the ball position.. Haven't we (the forum) talked that at 12 o'clock the ball should be facing 3rd?
She looks great for 11! Where does that glove hand go when she completes her pitch?

She DEFINITELY does not drive/push off enough. That is something we are working on. Ball position is good at 12:00, towards the catcher.

The glove hand is something else I've been watching. It comes up and then moves out in a circle and then back down to the front of her thigh. Guess that's considering "waving"? Control is inconsistent and I've been wondering if that is the main problem but that's another thread. =)

Sep 3, 2009
Assuming you are referring to the pitcher in my post.

The pivot foot is completely on the side of the foot. If she had ANY push off going on from the rubber, the ankle would be extended, it is not, ergo - step style pitcher.

Think he was referring to the picture of my daughter Hal. I see what you mean in that picture that you posted. Glad she doesn't drag anywhere near THAT much. That has to be bad for the ankle.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
My dd is twelve and this year she is on her 4th pair of cleats and were still not finished .. I think im going to invest in the ringor cleats .. She has a heavy drag foot.

Have her practice on concrete with only cheap socks on her feet. She wont drag hard more than onxe or twice.

Hal

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Love that Hal. My dd has heavy drag foot and I have been telling her that is how we are going to cure it. You can imagine the reaction I get when I tell her that. She tore up spikes. Ringors seem to be holding up.

Nov 11, 2009
Its a lighthearted threat to use socks on concrete to fix problem. Wish I could picture what you mean with the relaxed ankle. My dd was taught some things before I researched how to pitch that may have encouraged a figure 4 right or wrong finish.. which may have contributed to strong drag on inside of foot. Her coach recommended practicing in front of mirror but her lack of motivation to do that causes continued deep drag foot. Hence, if you dont want to work with mirror, lets practice on the sidewalk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12