Doug Gillis and Bill Hillhouse

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 28, 2009
Hello

Both are coming to Southwestern Ohio in November. I can find a lot of information on Bill Hillhouse from his website. Does Doug Gillis teach the same mechanics? Are there any difference between the two?

Thanks

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hillhouse posts here off and on. I've read Hillhouse's posts for more than a year now. He is very, very good. He knows what he is talking about.

I don't know Gillis. He might be as good.

May 13, 2008
I've seen both and you can't go wrong with either. Both teach the same "Absolutes" and their philosophy on pitching is nearly identical. Bill relates to pitchers well and Doug is more technical.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Bill Hillhouse

I just spent this past weekend with Bill down here in Dallas. I can tell you without a doubt this man knows his stuff and delivers it in a way that is easy to understand and makes sense. When he talks about the "Absolutes" play close attention.

I have never seen Doug in person other than on a video. Hope to meet him and Ernie Parker some day.

Dana.

Jun 9, 2008
Gillis teaches in Michigan and is probably one of the best, if not the best, in this area. From what I can tell on Hillhouse's web site and from listening to him on here, they teach almost exactly the same thing.

pdj

May 7, 2008
They are at the top of my pitching instructor list. To top it off, for several years they have both thrown to some of the best fastpitch hitters in the world.

Both are very good. Doug is very detailed and has a very good presentation. I haven't seen Bill yet but intend to some time soon. Based on my conversations with Bill, there are similarities between him and Doug. I would suggest going to both!

May 13, 2008
Raleigh NC
Spoke with Bill today...
We are working on the two of us doing an event in mid December at my facility in Raleigh. Will keep everyone up to speed as a date and times come forward.
If Doug can make it, showtime!

Jul 21, 2008
Great Charlie.....If you get this lined up let me know and I will help get the word out and I will be there for sure.

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi