Does this smell funny?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
She would have played travel ball from 1992 to 1996 or so. Fastpitch became big after the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. There was only ASA and the AFA until 1997. In 1998, the old slow pitch organization offered fastpitch. The NSA started in 1997.

The USSSA was known until 1997 as the US SLOWPITCH SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION. My 14U team qualified for the first USSSA fastpitch national championship in 1998.

So, I don't know how she could have made it to "several" USSSA divisional championships for anything other than slow pitch.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
If you happen to be on a team where an Oregon scout is in attendance, does that mean you were recruited?
If that's the case DD was recruited by 10 or so of the top 15 programs a summer ago. I am sure they were there for her not the 6' lefty throwing low to mid 60's at 15yo. (Sidenote: DD did have one of our two hits and our only RBI in a 1-0 win.)

Oct 4, 2018
If that's the case DD was recruited by 10 or so of the top 15 programs a summer ago. I am sure they were there for her not the 6' lefty throwing low to mid 60's at 15yo. (Sidenote: DD did have one of our two hits and our only RBI in a 1-0 win.)

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Well, bad news. I called Mike White and he had no recollection of the coach as a player, either under her current name or her maiden name. I also contacted the Oregon athletic department and they searched their rosters back to 1974 and did not show her as a player. They also said she had never been part of the staff. I was finally able to find the older rosters in a document called History and Records Oregon Softball and not only does she not appear, there's never even been a player with her first name.

Apr 25, 2019
Well, bad news. I called Mike White and he had no recollection of the coach as a player, either under her current name or her maiden name. I also contacted the Oregon athletic department and they searched their rosters back to 1974 and did not show her as a player. They also said she had never been part of the staff. I was finally able to find the older rosters in a document called History and Records Oregon Softball and not only does she not appear, there's never even been a player with her first name.
WOW!!! That's bold to claim those things when verification is as easy as a phone call.....geez

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon

Is it going to be addressed? I only say this because luring players using false claims isn't what this sport needs. A few years ago we went to a Tournament in your neck of the woods, and this college "recruiter" actually poached one of our players :) Come to find out, she was coaching a team and not really a college recruiter... :)

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Is it going to be addressed? I only say this because luring players using false claims isn't what this sport needs. A few years ago we went to a Tournament in your neck of the woods, and this college "recruiter" actually poached one of our players :) Come to find out, she was coaching a team and not really a college recruiter... :)

I sent the club president an email with my suspicions two days ago. Besides the false claim of playing for Oregon, when you Google the coach's name the first results that pop up are related to court records. I sent the president one of those links, but she refused to open it, claiming her firewall told her not to. She also told me she knows the coach had played for Oregon because she had "seen her stats" and basically told me to F off. I'm finding out that I'm not the only one who's looking into this and other people have contacted the club president as well with their concerns, so I'm feeling a bit relieved. I was kind of burdened by this info, but now feel it's all on the club president.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA