Does this smell funny?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Online bio of a coach for a local select team:

About Coach ABC

ABC was born and raised in Eugene, Oregon and moved up here to Washington just 5 years ago. ABC started playing softball at the age of 5. She built a hard work ethic and passion for the sport very early on which led her to high competitive play by the time she was 10. She earned her spot on a 12U ASA team that pretty much sealed her fate for the passion and hard work she would unknowingly embrace.

ABC played for the top ASA travel ball teams including PEPSI, Reign, Thunder, and Cyclone. ABC was a 4 year varsity player for her school, Churchill High, where she was recruited her junior year to play for University of Oregon as first string Utility and second string Pitcher. ABC made it to several USSSA Division championships under the direction of Mike White who just recently retired after building one of the best and most recognized softball programs.

ABC continued to work for the Ducks softball organization assisting in the recruitment and player advocate as well as putting on some of the most elite camps and charity events giving back to young women.

Apr 25, 2019
With the names and organizations, it seems like it would be easy enough to fact check using Google. If I read that, I wouldn't think too much was fishy. What are your concerns?

Feb 26, 2018
I don't know what significance the first paragraph has past where it says she grew up. Does it really matter what age she was when she started playing softball and what level she played in 12U?

Jun 11, 2012
I don't know what significance the first paragraph has past where it says she grew up. Does it really matter what age she was when she started playing softball and what level she played in 12U?
Does it really matter? No not really but if the team she is coaching is that age level some parents might buy into it thinking that she was once a player the same age as their daughter.

Jul 2, 2013
ABC made it to several USSSA Division championships under the direction of Mike White who just recently retired after building one of the best and most recognized softball programs.

Are you talking about this part where they refer to USSSA chamionships for an NCAA team and say that White retired when he actually took another job?

Yes, that does sound fishy.

Feb 18, 2012
Southwest PA
Ok , i took the bait and googled her. It is more than fishy, lets say it reeks of lies. The coach is 41 yrs old and graduated from Churchill High in 1996. Mike White was the head coach at Oregan starting in 2009(was the assistant there in 2003-2004) so that is a lie. I checked Oregon roster (only went back to 1999) and she was not on the roster. She could be living her life through one of her classmates in high school because there were 3 players form her high school on Oregon roster in 1999. Its a shame what people will do to make them look like somebody that they are not.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ok , i took the bait and googled her. It is more than fishy, lets say it reeks of lies. The coach is 41 yrs old and graduated from Churchill High in 1996. Mike White was the head coach at Oregan starting in 2009(was the assistant there in 2003-2004) so that is a lie. I checked Oregon roster (only went back to 1999) and she was not on the roster. She could be living her life through one of her classmates in high school because there were 3 players form her high school on Oregon roster in 1999. Its a shame what people will do to make them look like somebody that they are not.

Mike White coached a travel ball team in Oregon some years before becoming a coach at University of Oregon. My interpretation is that this is her reference to White (citing USSSA titles), and the program he "retired" from.

She said she was "recruited to play". This doesn't mean she actually played for Oregon. If she did play, it would have started with the 1997 year, and she may not have played all 4 years.

EDIT: The pic I found connected to both the name and the club looks likely to be younger than 41. There might be more than 1 person in that area with the same name.

My take...Nothing fishy. EDIT: Ignore that. Bad mackerel.

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
Don’t know if it smells fishy, but it’s the smell you would expect when somebody has their own head stuck so far up their .... BREAKING NEWS JUST IN ...

It is poorly written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee