Does this exist everywhere? Am i crazy to think they should be removed? Am i wrong?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
KCM - You've done well -

Thing is she did not get these characteristics from my wife or I. She is a special young lady with God given talents and special traits that cannot be pinned back to neither of us. She is always looking out for others, she does have a temper but it is still different.

Thank you for the compliment and will pass it on to her.

Aug 6, 2013
I have two daughters who pitch. They both seem to thrive on the notoriety.

Something about pitchers - Mine is a sweetheart and always wore her heart on her sleeve and hated being the center of attention - When she said she wanted to pitch her mother and I said there is no way she will last.

But something changed once she got in that circle she is a different person - she is confident and determined and she wants the ball in that pressure situation. She loves when that other team is screaming and taunting her - she says they are cheering for her No idea what it is about the circle but it seems to either break girls or boost them up.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Just because something is within the rules, and just because something is ''part of the game,'' and just because players have become good at playing through it does not mean that something is classy.

Questions are this --

Is it classy? No.

Is being classy important to you? Yes.

Would anyone answer differently?

Jan 24, 2011
I love how pitchers parents always say that this sort of thing doesn't bother their DD. We have all seen this not to be the case many times. :)

Jul 24, 2013
My AC HATES the cheering.... it is so funny. I almost let them cheer more just to grind his gears... that being said... I agree with the taunting cheers. it is bush. we are entering my first summer in 12u all stars,... I am hoping the cheers move more towards chatter as you see from the d1 girls... they talk A LOT...but it is more a chatter of "cmon batter" type stuff than "PITCHER IS A BIRDY KILLER" and the other winners...

Nov 1, 2008
Only time I've complained about "cheering" is when their entire dugout screamed while the pitcher was in her windup. Not even an attempt at sounding like a cheer, just a straight up high pitch scream like they saw a snake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid