Does it take a "crazy" pitcher parent to create a college pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
I made the original post somewhat tongue-in-cheek. And honestly you could probably substitute softball pitcher with other pursuits as well. I just mean when you look at the time, money, travel, etc. invested some people do look at you like you are crazy. But along the way it creates some pretty amazing memories. And if you do it even half way right a relationship with your DD that is even more amazing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Seems like it wasn’t that long ago that Jennie Finch thought she threw with a Happy-Elbow mechanic.

While the knowledge may not have always been overly sound, there was plenty of “tough love” being doled out.

Dec 13, 2014
Insane or obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

So, yes, you do have to be a little of both.

I would say dedicated to the point of obsession. It is not easy and it definitely takes a commitment from both. One thing I would suggest to someone just starting out is to make sure your DD learns how to play the game and not just learn to pitch. My DD played baseball with the boys until she was 10 and it taught her how to field, throw, hit and run the bases. At that point she started pitching but I knew if the pitching didn't work out she would be able to play the game. Only a few come out of the funnel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp