Does anyone care about...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Like watching the NPF games, but their Championship scheduling and location choice is really odd. A team potentially having to play back to back on Sunday to begin the finals is dumb. Then having the second and third games on Monday & Tuesday makes no sense. Why not just play the Finals next weekend if they want butts in the seats. It needs to be held in a decent sized market. Even for the die hard Fastpitch fans, I can't imagine there are a lot of people more than 1-2 hours away who said "hey lets go to Tuscaloosa to watch the finals". NPF will not be seen as legit by the new viewer or advertisers if there are only 300 people in the stands for the championship. I'd be willing to bet at least a third of those were player relatives. The Charge had just as many people in the stands for a regular season week night game, and the expo games in KC & CO were drawing in the 1000's. They've got to move championships to large markets that will support it.

Did anyone think it was weird that the Thunderbolts bought ad time during the games?

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Like watching the NPF games, but their Championship scheduling and location choice is really odd. A team potentially having to play back to back on Sunday to begin the finals is dumb. Then having the second and third games on Monday & Tuesday makes no sense. Why not just play the Finals next weekend if they want butts in the seats. It needs to be held in a decent sized market. Even for the die hard Fastpitch fans, I can't imagine there are a lot of people more than 1-2 hours away who said "hey lets go to Tuscaloosa to watch the finals". NPF will not be seen as legit by the new viewer or advertisers if there are only 300 people in the stands for the championship. I'd be willing to bet at least a third of those were player relatives. The Charge had just as many people in the stands for a regular season week night game, and the expo games in KC & CO were drawing in the 1000's. They've got to move championships to large markets that will support it.

Did anyone think it was weird that the Thunderbolts bought ad time during the games?

Don't quote me, but I think there was a weather issue on Saturday that caused the last semi-final winner to play the finals game 1 back to back. I also scratched my head a bit at the Thunderbolts TV ad, and remember them doing that last year during other televised softball tournaments.

Aug 24, 2011
I think one of the issues is putting it at a neutral site. Chicago draws pretty well and has a nice stadium. Put it there and keep it there. If the Bandits are in it, so be it. Of if you want to be equitable rotate sites. Some mid-major DI college basketball leagues started to figure it out when they played the title game at the highest remaining seed. It pretty much ensured a full crowd and some energy, which makes a difference.

I also don't know why the NPF season starts the same weekend as the CWS. That doesn't make sense to me.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
We watched last night and will be watching the final game tonight. No idea why game 1 wasn't televised on Sunday. I'm on the same page as everyone else as far as scheduling and venue location. If it's on a weekend and a few hour drive we would probably go. I really hope NPF steps it up and tweaks a few things to expand the brand and be more noticed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06