Do you allow TB pitcher to play rec ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 16, 2012
She's a kid. Kids like to play with their friends. I don't see the problem.

It can't always be about who is #1 TB pitcher, who will hurt their college career at 10 yrs old,, and who is training for a D1 Full ride while still iin elementary school. etc....

Sometimes it is about nothing but having fun. Period. It is a kids game. Let the kids have fun playing it with their friends once in a while.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2013
I'm with the majority here and living it this fall. I have a travel team and a 'rec' team that is playing up in a surrounding community. By playing up, we are 10U TB and we are playing against 5th and 6th graders in the rec league. I pitch my travel pitchers out there to get used to pitching against better hitters and work on their second and third pitches. Even though we are 8-10 years old, playing against 11 and 12 year old - we are 3-2-2 with two one run losses. It's pretty even competition for us and good to get at bats and pitching experience. Playoffs are this weekend!

May 8, 2012
NJ
I don't personally have any issues with TB pitchers in rec unless 1) they are lights out/unhittable with other pitching options available or 2) they take every inning of every game and push out a less experienced pitcher from any circle time. They need their time to develop too, and live batting is great practice. From the other side of the plate..rec players need to see good pitching to better themselves too. Games should not be allowed to be walk fests...neither side of the ball gets any benifit from it.

Jan 6, 2013
I let my DD pitch rec ball last spring against older girls. She just wanted to play with her friends. She quickly realized why I didn't want her to but she stuck it out and it was good reps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie