Do this? OR, do this??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
Looks like there's some water-bottle swim, too... ;) lol

Perfecting the "Bobble-Head Change" Dance...........

n69du0.gif

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
It's gotta suck for all the HE instructors who watch this video and realize what they teach for a fastball is what I/R instructors teach to get the ball to slow down.

Dec 3, 2012
Sydney Australia
What's frustrating is when you point out the difference in what people teach to what good pitchers do they say something along the lines of that's a such and such pitch (insert rise drop change). They won't admit that IR is how ALL the pitches look.

Dec 11, 2010
Boardmember, the video of you explaining adduction really helped my understanding. I got a lot out of that, and I think I would understand the foundation drills in your internal rotation video better if I could see a video of you demonstrating and explaining them verbally.

The videos in that thread are fantastic but I am a little thick headed and I really have a hard time reading about the technique and trying to sync it up with the demonstration gifs. I know it is a huge pain to do that stuff but I bet it would be very welcome to the bucket dads and pitchers if it was available. Either way, thanks for your posts here.

Jan 18, 2011
Reciprocal ADDuction is why I explained the importance of ADDuction in another thread.........ADDuction utilizes the lat muscles to pull down the humerus in front of the forearm........Being too closed to the target causes the body to use the deltoid muscle over the shoulder to EXTEND the arm to the target vs. PULLING IT down toward the target........

I was recently asked to visit a PC's lesson to help with a 12yo student's understanding of "throwing across body"..........And why.......

She is starting to make advances in the I/R delivery motion.......This was a critical "next step" for her........

I've been away from the board several days and am now just reading this thread. This was a DING DING DING moment for me!

I was wondering how to get that type of information across to some 10 and 12yr olds. This is it.

THANK YOU BM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand