Do coaches let you know they're coming to watch you at a showcase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2014
When a coach has a high amount of interest, they will watch from the outfield, and adjacent field etc.

I guess I'm wondering how apparent is the interest once the coach has it? Does the player know right away or does the coach do a bunch of assessments and then let the player know they're interested?

We did get an email from DD's TB coach with a list of coaches he talked with and who they had received emails from and were there to see play. There were a few that mentioned my DD. So we know they saw her. She sent follow up emails. And will call some starting this evening. Now I'm just wondering how we will know if the coach is truly interested - she's in her Junior year so they can talk to her - will they let her know now, or will they wait and keep watching, etc.? I'm sure it probably varies coach to coach.

Jun 17, 2014
When a coach has a high amount of interest, they will watch from the outfield, and adjacent field etc.

I guess I'm wondering how apparent is the interest once the coach has it? Does the player know right away or does the coach do a bunch of assessments and then let the player know they're interested?

We did get an email from DD's TB coach with a list of coaches he talked with - those college coaches told him who they had received emails from and were therefore there to see play. There were a few that mentioned my DD. So we know they saw her.

She sent follow up emails last night. And will call some coaches starting this evening. Now I'm just wondering how we will know if the coach is truly interested. She's in her Junior year so they can talk to her - will they let her know now, or will they wait and keep watching, etc.? I'm sure it probably varies coach to coach.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
TB coach is the go to in this instance. The college coach will be very frank when interested in a player.
It is player's responsibility to follow up with coach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi