Do any of the P/C on this forum do Onlone lessons via skype etc

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2017
Our area has no PC.

I would be interested in some online lessons from trusted sources here.

If they don't give lessons online...Why not?

Sep 29, 2014
I don't think online lessons are really going to be worth much.

On the flip side I think online analysis and instruction can be great.

The problem is online I can tell you do to X but without being there and really seeing everything first hand it's hard to tell if you are really understanding the concepts and how well you are doing the drills it just too difficult.

I think online you can get a good snapshot followed by advice and drill recommendations then come back in a month and check progress...rinse and repeat. Several players have had pretty good luck on the forums using this method in both hitting and pitching. Then sprinkle in some high quality coaching from a great instructor either when they come to your area or go visit them maybe once or twice a year.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
They can work ok in the right circumstances, especially when the family sends regular video updates on homework, progress, questions and game footage. It takes 2 support people on the pitcher's side--one to catch and one to hold the iPad. It takes two on the instructional side--one to demo and the other holds the iPad/Phone. I suppose the instructor could use a tripod, but I think it's better/faster to have someone mobile who can get the right zoom and angle. In my case, it also helps to have an assistant (DD for me) who understands what's being taught. We take turns demoing and she's very good at operating the iPhone. Scheduling can be tough--especially with time zones, weather, DD's availability, etc...

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
I do video analysis but not live video lessons. I just don't think I would be able to see all I'd need to. With video analysis I can slow down, pause, etc. So I do a few of those per week.

Bill