discuss: article on tryouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH
For the parents of catchers:

Tell your daughters as soon as they get to the tryouts put on their leg guards and be sure to do any throwing warmup with their catcher's mitt.

This will help make the statement to the coaches that you ARE a catcher, not just a girl that catches.

Catchers are usually at a premium, so make the statement right away that you are looking to be considered at that position.

Apr 1, 2010
For the parents of catchers:

Tell your daughters as soon as they get to the tryouts put on their leg guards and be sure to do any throwing warmup with their catcher's mitt.

This will help make the statement to the coaches that you ARE a catcher, not just a girl that catches.

Catchers are usually at a premium, so make the statement right away that you are looking to be considered at that position.

I hadn't seen this post before, but it reminded me that Dave was very wise. When DD tried out for her new team this summer, she made the decision to use her catcher's mitt for the tryouts. I tried to stop her, but she was adamant. She didn't put on her leg guards for warm-ups, but the mitt caught the coach's attention quickly anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi