Dirtbags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
EricF, that fails the Westwind “no snakes, no spiders, no dogs, no Lady” naming rule two ways, lol.

This naming thing happens because “we need a name by Monday, can you think of anything?”

I swear there are less than 25 cool softball team names in the English language.

Well, the school mascot is the Bulldogs, so we can't escape the "dogs" part of your rule. Just to be clear, I was not involved in the "Lady Bulldogs" naming decision.

Jan 22, 2011
First year 10u rec, my DD's team called themselves 'The Purple Flying Potatoes'. Season was half over before I discovered it was an internet thing.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ba
EricF, that fails the Westwind “no snakes, no spiders, no dogs, no Lady” naming rule two ways, lol.

This naming thing happens because “we need a name by Monday, can you think of anything?”

I swear there are less than 25 cool softball team names in the English language.
Back in the 14U days we played a team named the
“Two-Out-Voodoo”. I loved that name! Plus this team had THE best looking uniforms out there, Seattle Seahawks colors and very tastefully done!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anna just reminded me of something I’d long forgotten, her 10U church team was named the “Wacky Chicks”.

I said no! If I now remember correctly, the day THEY decided on the name, it was probably one of the craziest girls I’ve ever been arounds birthday, they let her decide!

I said no!
I said no!

I was obviously overruled! I still said no! Dumbest name ever!

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
Back at 10U....playing a team. Didn't recognize the team name so asked where they were from. Turned out they were from the same metro area about 15 miles away.....

Their team. "99 Problems". The coach said he let the girls pick the team name. I said it was interesting. He said it was but was the last day they'd be called that. He was changing the name after that weekend. I laughed and said 99 problems....you only have 12 kids on the team.... he grimaced and said the name came from a song.

Admittedly not my genre of music or decade.....i had to google the song. OH MY! and know I know why he was changing the name. 10 YO's picking that name YIKES.

Dec 11, 2010
Well, the school mascot is the Bulldogs, so we can't escape the "dogs" part of your rule. Just to be clear, I was not involved in the "Lady Bulldogs" naming decision.

Lol! Figured it had something to do with a school. Also, it’s completely different when it’s the girls deciding. There was something they liked about it for sure!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00