Dirtbags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
I was commissioner (briefly!) for our youngest league (division) of K-1st Grade girls, and since we're always scrambling to find coaches, and the uniform order pending, I tried to come up with a "Disney Princess" theme to match up with a current MLB team (sorry, but no one in our area has heard of NPF). Cinderella's Cubs, Merida's Braves, and Aurora's Royals stuck around for a season or two (they've since shortened it to just "Cubs", or renamed themselves), but the one I was proudest of? "Belle's Angels". Even found a good uniform logo on shutterstock.

Sadly, leather biker jackets just wasn't in the league budget.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lol! Figured it had something to do with a school. Also, it’s completely different when it’s the girls deciding. There was something they liked about it for sure!

I'm not sure how much of it was the girls, and how much of it was the HC.

The name I come across on a regular basis is "Lady Magic". They are a TB org in CA that's been around a while. The name always sounds to me like some sort of feminine hygiene/grooming product that would be accompanied by a low-budget infomercial.

Apr 28, 2016
It always gets me when that “Lady” is followed by a specifically male-gendered word when there is a female-gendered equivalent that should be used instead.

I have a friend whose daughters play various sports for a town league, and they are called the Lady G-Men. I don’t mind Lady as part of a name usually, but that one always makes me scratch my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
Not sure what all the fuss is about concerning the team name Dirtbags. There are a lot of Dirtbag baseball teams and the organization has expanded in to softball. People say they wouldn't play for a team with the name Dirtbags. Not sure why girls wouldn't like to play for a team that plays a competitive schedule and has gone 26-3 so far this summer and just finished 3rd out of 88 teams in the Myrtle Beach Triple Crown tournament. Guess knowing the coaching staff of the 16U and the 10U team, players, and DD guest playing for the 10U team a few times I'm a little biased LOL!!!

That said, I've loved reading this thread and seeing some of the other team names that are out there. Some of names and stories that go with the names are almost hard to believe.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad