Digital video recorder recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Rich, that is exactly what I do with swing reader, show the girls what they are doing then they can work on it on the spot. I usually email a video of what they are doing to their parents also.

Sep 29, 2010
To get a clear shot of the ball and the bat or golf clubs etc with no blur requires high shutter speeds, not so much how many frames per second it does. I learned that a while back when I was looking for a video camera.

However the faster the shutter speed, usually requires better and better light.

I ended up buying a GRD-870 Mini DV Camera. It does 60FPS at 1/2000 of a second shutter speed. It uses firewire to connect to my PC. I can feed this directly into RVP without doing any conversion. I also have a Sanyo HD Digital Camcorder that records at 60FPS at 1/500th of second shutter speed. This is our family video recorder as it requires a little more work to import into RVP for the video stuff.

Jul 28, 2008
Thanks quincy, that gives me a good idea of what to expect from a playsport! You say it can be set for more frames/second? What did you have it set on for this video?

PlaySport goes to 60 frames/second. However, YouTube drops it to 30 or less, I believe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission