Digital video recorder recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I am looking for a digital video camera capable of slowing down the actions of pitching and batting yet maintaining a clear smooth video.

What are others using for this. LOL, I saw some that are 5200fps. I don't think I need quite that fast.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Look at the Kodak Playsport. The screen is a little small for reviewing the video on the camera but it is durable and once it is on a computer the video is great.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
iPhone and similar are really pretty decent for mom and pop use.

I'm not sure what all the options under $500 are. Kodak play sport are pretty cheap now I think and can do 60fps at 720 resolution. At one point a lot of people were talking about a Casio point and shoot camera that had a video mode with a pretty ridiculous frame rate for a few hundred bucks, but I am not sure that is still around. There may be more or some new options in this range. Would be interested to hear of them if others chime in.

Of course for bigger $$$ you can go nuts with the high frame rate camcorders.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I am using swing reader on my iphone. I just counted the video I posted last night on here broke down to 55 frames. Not super clear, but not bad. You can draw lines, circles, and etc. plus email and upload.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Another thing about cameras, I very seldom if ever have it at its top speed. Just takes up to much space for what I need. Below is a video from a PlaySport’s camera. OK, so DD cannot hit but that is not the point of the attached. :)

Edit to add - The attached was slowed down 30% and is not a full speed.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Thanks quincy, that gives me a good idea of what to expect from a playsport! You say it can be set for more frames/second? What did you have it set on for this video?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sorry, I am not going to remember.

You can see the bat and the ball blur at little bit but we are not that precise that it matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red