different bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
Ok, so this is probably a stupid question, but here it goes. Is it detrimental for my daughter to have both a balanced bat and an end loaded bat in her arsenal? She already has an Easton Synergy scn8b, but really likes the looks of the Demarini cf6 insane and would like it also. What are your opinions?

Jan 24, 2009
Heh-heh-heh. Sure, ask a bunch of fp junkies. I see what you did there.

Carvergear, grow a pair and order the damn bat! You'll get used to sleeping on the couch (in the garage next to the net and tee) after about a week. Heck, if this is your first offense and you find a 'great deal that was too good to pass up', you might get off with a slap on the wrist.

Just remember: It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than to beg for permission.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
I hit in a wood bat league. There are 4 bats in my bag, and only two are the same. The rest have different weight distribution or more/less handle, etc.

Dec 7, 2011
IMHO -

Get her a size-matched "favorite-looking-confidence-evoking" model and maybe buy a second one if ya don't want to be without if it breaks at a bad time. I think different bats used at the same time is asking for lesser stats.

The only time I am a fan of a "different bat" is when ya live in the frozen tundra and gotta buy a bat that can survive the cold months.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Dads buying bats for DDs is not much different than DWs buying shoes IMO.

LMAO!

True story...

Years ago, my DW asked, "Why do you need to buy ANOTHER guitar??!!". In response, I calmly asked, "Why do you need to buy another pair of black shoes?" She contemplated this for about 1.38 seconds, turned around, and left the room. That was the last time she asked about my equipment purchases.

Bats are pretty much the same as guitars. You can get by with 1, but having lots of options is FUN!

Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
Which does she like the feel of better? Which works better for her swing?

She was using a Easton cv12 and crushing the ball. I believe this bat is described as slightly end loaded. This year she wanted a new bat, so I got her a new Synergy scn8b and she has struggled. Maybe just a mechanics issue? But now she would like to try a cf6 insane. Should I have her go back to her cv12 and see what happens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24