Did I buy my little girl the right catchers glove ? Thanks for the help !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2013
My little girl is a catcher in a 12U division. They use a 12" ball. I bought her a Mizuno Fastpitch Franchise Series 33.50" Catcher's Mitt. But on "routine balls" the ball pops out of her glove and usually drops around home plate.

Is the pocket for this glove to small, is she not squeezing the ball hard enough ??

Any help would be appreciated and good luck to all of you and your girls !!

Mizuno_GXS92.jpg

May 7, 2008
Tucson
That pocket should be fine. Work on it. Pound a ball into it. (I wouldn't put it on your hand.) Then, take her to an indoor facility and have her catch a bucket of balls. Always keep a ball pushed down into the pocket and tie the gloved closed. She'll love the glove in about a week, if she works with it.

ICatchFastpitchDad

www.ICatchFastpitch.com
May 26, 2013
Needville, TX
My daughter uses this glove and loves it. I took a ball drilled a hole in it to make a homemade mallet. I then proceeded to mold a pocket. I'll post some pictures in a few.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My little girl is a catcher in a 12U division. They use a 12" ball. I bought her a Mizuno Fastpitch Franchise Series 33.50" Catcher's Mitt. But on "routine balls" the ball pops out of her glove and usually drops around home plate.

Is the pocket for this glove to small, is she not squeezing the ball hard enough ??

Any help would be appreciated and good luck to all of you and your girls !!

View attachment 4143

The GXS92 is without any doubt in my mind is the best value catcher's mitt on the market. It is awesome and is basically broken in out of the wrapper. The only issue I have with it is that I have to replace it every two years because not only do I use it as a coach and to catch DD's pitching lessons , but my catcher's keep stealing it to catch games.

Great glove.

Jun 9, 2013
Wow what a great idea !! seems like one of those ideas that makes you say duhh why didn't I think of that !! haha what can I say your smarter than me !! thanks so much !!