DFP Hitting Guru Clinic???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I'm a one brew at a time kind of guy, was stuck on Sam Boston for couple years. Now I'm back to my old standard Coors light. It's like water compared to the Boston. I might try the Sam Boston light for awhile, I have had a few of those and it's very good too.

Guy I work with has a kegerator, he keeps it full of Leinenkugels which is pretty delightful too.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Five,

I just wanted you to know that all these posts got me to expand my beer horizons. I had a Harpoon Hoppy Adventure IPA the other day and stopped and got a variety 12 pack of all sorts of IPAs, porters, and stouts.......Not going to lie, I enjoyed my first IPA!

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
If not drinking Coors light. Yuenling lager from Pittsburg has a good flavor. They have expanded to Ohio. I believe they are the oldest brewery in the country.
When I was in the Bahamas, the local beer was Kalick...That was awesome

SL

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Five,

I just wanted you to know that all these posts got me to expand my beer horizons. I had a Harpoon Hoppy Adventure IPA the other day and stopped and got a variety 12 pack of all sorts of IPAs, porters, and stouts.......Not going to lie, I enjoyed my first IPA!

Once you get a taste for the bittery goodness of a hoppy IPA, you'll be hooked!!

I'm usually not one for flavored beers, but the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA I'm currently enjoying is delicious. The extra citrusy kick is perfect on a warm So Cal evening (it was near 90 degrees today!). Cheers, y'all!!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
If not drinking Coors light. Yuenling lager from Pittsburg has a good flavor. They have expanded to Ohio. I believe they are the oldest brewery in the country.
When I was in the Bahamas, the local beer was Kalick...That was awesome

SL

Yuengling Lager is one of my favorites. They are actually from Pottsville, PA (not far from me) and are the oldest brewery in the US. Just a few years ago they opened a second brewery in Tampa, Florida.

Jan 24, 2009
Looking at my mechanics the other night, I think I may have a bit of mug drag. If I focus on the hands and develop early mug speed, I think I'll be killing the brew in short order. What should my ulnar styloid process look like at contact? Maybe I'll post some video.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yuengling Lager is one of my favorites. They are actually from Pottsville, PA (not far from me) and are the oldest brewery in the US. Just a few years ago they opened a second brewery in Tampa, Florida.

Haven't had a Yuengling in about 30 years or more. Will pick some up if I come across some.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Looking at my mechanics the other night, I think I may have a bit of mug drag. If I focus on the hands and develop early mug speed, I think I'll be killing the brew in short order. What should my ulnar styloid process look like at contact? Maybe I'll post some video.

I find that I get better contact with forearm pronation rather than radial deviation. Of course, this is only possible with proper elbow positioning prior to the start of forearm pronation. Scap loading/clamping is completely unnecessary.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Too many reps with something too heavy can lead to injury.

PS - my high rep to low rep preferences: Rolling Rock, Yuengling, Trout River Rainbow Red Ale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug