DFP feeling the Bern??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
Looks like the cost of participating on DFP might be going up:

*sigh*

I'm assuming this ad was local to me, because I'm in CA and the primary is tomorrow, but wow....not at all what I was expecting when I came to chat softball here today. lol /politicalchatoff

Attachments

• dfp_bernie_ad.jpg
    dfp_bernie_ad.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 208

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Yes, the technology serves up ads that either fit your profile somehow (often based on past searches) or some other factor such as geography. DFP remains politically neutral.

It is interesting how you can search for something out of curiosity once and then that's all you seem to see on every website. On here, all of a sudden they're pushing the Cubs tickets at me, and the Zepp golf analyzer despite the fact I haven't touched a club in several years, and even then it was about once or twice a year. The sensor would probably give up after one swing. Too much work to do.

Jan 3, 2014
All I see are adds for Justin Wyoming work boots, all day every day. I clicked on one once.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am still trying to figure out what I could have searched for to cause the ad software to think I need a Russian girlfriend....my DW was not amused!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I hear before long they will target billboards to your searches based on your phone gps. Funny if 15 years ago we told people we wanted them to wear a bracelet that would let us track their movements you'd have very few takers and a lot of backlash. Now we buy them and are happy they know where we are so we can find the closest sub shop to the field we traveled 70 minutes to.

On a side notes. They are growing human organs in pigs for transplant. Can you say 1984?

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm getting a bunch of weird ads too. I mean I've been getting some tame ones like for Acuvue contact lenses, Oakley sunglasses and Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt. I mean, yeah, I've been meaning to get my mom to get me to an optometrist to get my eyes checked to see if everything is OK with my eyes. That's cool. Oakley sunglasses came up from a search I did on sunglasses for underneath my catcher's mask. I got a pair that I like to wear when I'm in the dugout and they're cool. But I'm not scratching a 100 dollar pair of sunglasses all up to wear them under my mask... Thats where my 15 dollar pair of Panama Jacks come in handy from Kmart. And who doesn't enjoy a little froyo after a hard fought win on the softball field.

However, I have gotten some of the weirdest stuff. Like, OK, I keep getting ads for Asian dating sites. WTF, I'm a 15 year old girl!! I'm not looking for a date! I have a bf for crying out loud. He saw the ad and started laughing his butt off. I get ads for home security systems. I don't even own a home. Why am I going to be looking for home security systems. Finally, I get The Home Depot. OK, this one might be a hair plausible because we do shop there. But again...I don't own a home. Hello advertisers, if your going to use software to optimize the ads the users are going to see based on search interest...at least make the ads sensible, *tsks* hello!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA