DeMarini Vendetta or Easton FS3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
Looking at upgrading my DD's 32/19 aluminum bat (Worth Storm) to a good composite bat that she can use through her high school years. She's small in stature and is working on building more strength but has worked on and improved her swing speed this year as a freshman. She'll continue to work on strength building this summer so thinking the add'l ounce should be fine.

Looking at either the Vendetta or the FS3 in 32/20 size.

Just wondering if there are any opinions on either of these or anything else to consider. These two seem to be the top rated in the size we're after.

Thanks.

Aug 30, 2011
DE
I wouldn't buy either of those. Plenty of good bats out there. High School should be swinging -10 at least. Like a 32/22. Need more info, but if looking to buy something that will last buy some better then the two above you mentioned.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Oh yeah, neither of those bats. For a HS player I would be looking at a Demarini CF6 or a CF5. Should absolutely be looking at a drop 10.

Closeoutbats.com has the CF6 for $199 and the CF5 for $169 and you will be able to find similar prices elsewhere as well.

My small 12 yr old swings a Demarini CF6 30/20 without any trouble and with decent power for her size. I expect she will be swinging a 32/22 before too long -and definitely before HS. I would be shocked if a 31/21 wouldn't be a great bat for your DD - and the bat will be a massive upgrade from her current bat.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My 15yo DD (5'3", lean) started swinging a CF6 Sprite (32/21) this year. For girls who need a lighter bat, I cannot recommend this one enough. I was very surprised at how much more pop it had than her previous Easton Synge (essentially the FS3).

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
I have both the fs3 and Vendetta, my 10yr old is 5 3 120. She now has a CF6 31/21(Hope) $169, and had 4 home runs w/one grand slam. She uses the fs3 sometimes for the fast pitchers, 55mph, for 10u. Our pitcher is around 48 and she uses the Hope without issues. I will be selling the Vendetta to a rec girl soon but will keep the fs3 as she loves the handle on it and will use it in cooler weather and as a backup. I did buy a 32/22 Xeno but is a little heavy but by winter she maybe able to use it? we will see or just use it next season.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207