Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Bought the Prism about a month ago - have only done front toss with it so far, no games. Out of the box she could not drive the ball as far as she could with her Ghost. We continued to do about 3 buckets per day about 3-4 days per week. Now it seems like the bat has come alive in the past week! Continuously driving the ball much further than she ever did with her Ghost during front toss. It appears to need a little bit of a breaking in period. Now it seems to be very hot. Looking forward to fall season to see what she can do with it.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
I am up at the asa northern natty's this weekend and had bats tested> the compression tested below 1000 on the ghost and over 1500 on the prism? do they know what they are doing lol

May 12, 2016
We picked up a 31/21 for my 11yo dd. I wouldn't have paid $400 for it, but we got a warranty voucher and only had to spend $50 to "upgrade". In a nutshell, I'm a fan.

It isn't magic, but it's a very hot bat with a seemingly large sweet spot that swings very balanced. It's just a touch more end-loaded than CF 8,9,X imho, but nowhere near a Xeno for instance.

The first time we took it out and hit a few buckets of balls off a tee, I was....underwhelmed. It didn't quite measure up ( about 10' short) to the now-broken CF9 31/20 in terms of average distance that it replaced, but then again that bat broke two week prior and was hot as a pistol. It seemed to measure up about just about evenly with a Rawlings Quatro 31/21 we had with several hundred hits on it. After a week or so of tee work in the garage, we went back last night and tried it again. The results of the Prism had definitely improved with a couple hundred hits on it.

Our local fences are 200'. A very good hit from my DD off the tee will one-hop the fence. An average hit will land about 5'-10' short. In a bucket of 24 balls, she was generally hitting the fence once or twice a bucket, which is about what she did the first time we used the Prism straight out of the wrapper. Last night she hit the fence four out of the first 5 swings with the now broken in Prism.

Maybe she grew in a week, maybe we fed her better yesterday, maybe she just WANTED the pretty new bat to be better...whatever the case is, I came away impressed and comfortable in saying that it's at LEAST as good as the other "alpha" bats out there, and might be "better"...whatever that means for a person. For us, that means we're hoping it's more durable than some of the other bats she's swung in the past. She's busted two DeMarini's and one Marucci Pure to date, so I'm really hoping this bat holds up. As far as I'm concerned, all the "Alpha" bats are within 1-2% of each other when broken in, so it just comes down to how large the sweet spot is, how the bat "feels", and how durable it is. For my girl, it passes the first two with flying colors. The last remains to be seen.

Dave

Wow, 11 yo hitting a 200 ft fence 4 out of 5 swings. That's pretty special no matter what bat you are using

May 15, 2015
Wow, 11 yo hitting a 200 ft fence 4 out of 5 swings. That's pretty special no matter what bat you are using

Julray,

Thanks, but I'd be a lot more impressed if it was against live pitching honestly. I suppose I'm happy that she can do it at all, as a lot of her peers simply cannot. Having said that, her mechanics aren't always consistent against live pitching. She can flat mash off of a tee, but since we aren't playing tee-ball anymore it has limited value. It DOES help with bat evaluation though! What we're working on now, is bringing her "tee swing" into the batters box every time against live pitching. As soon as she figures THAT part out...look the heck out.

Here is DD happy with a particularly good round the other night...and yes, I realize how goofy she looks/is. She ONLY does her hair this way for softball fwtw….

https://ibb.co/h3G0oz

Apr 16, 2013
As a father of an officially "goofy" girl, I approve. :D (Last weekend my wife and daughter spent their every waking moment at super-con, and my DD was dressed in full cosplay that my wife spent months making.) She takes any chance she can to be "goofy"!

May 12, 2016
Julray,

Thanks, but I'd be a lot more impressed if it was against live pitching honestly. I suppose I'm happy that she can do it at all, as a lot of her peers simply cannot. Having said that, her mechanics aren't always consistent against live pitching. She can flat mash off of a tee, but since we aren't playing tee-ball anymore it has limited value. It DOES help with bat evaluation though! What we're working on now, is bringing her "tee swing" into the batters box every time against live pitching. As soon as she figures THAT part out...look the heck out.

Here is DD happy with a particularly good round the other night...and yes, I realize how goofy she looks/is. She ONLY does her hair this way for softball fwtw….

https://ibb.co/h3G0oz

Yes I was referring more to distance.. 200ft of a tee, pretty damn good. If she squares one up with that swing in a game, OTF, :). My DD is the goofiest kid ever, such an odd ball on the team, lol.

May 12, 2016
No way...that post was way to well thought out and actually contained information :)

This thread has become very tiresome though, so I will let people have at it. I do want to thank
a couple of peeps for some info about Dicks and such. Seems it works kind of the same way for them as one of the car franchises
we have and the parts quarterly credit we get. Good to know.

Again, people think I think Wilson bats are poop...I have never said this. CFX...PXT...yes...haha. They have some good bats and I am sure they
will continue no matter who does or doesnt buy.

I think the company is filled with dbags that are completely against small business and customers are not even close to their main concern. That's all :)

A lot of girls using this north of the border.. 1st I heard it was very similar to to the CF7, however that's not the performance I am seeing. A lot of girls hitting the ball hard with this bat (CFX)

May 12, 2016
No way...that post was way to well thought out and actually contained information :)

This thread has become very tiresome though, so I will let people have at it. I do want to thank
a couple of peeps for some info about Dicks and such. Seems it works kind of the same way for them as one of the car franchises
we have and the parts quarterly credit we get. Good to know.

Again, people think I think Wilson bats are poop...I have never said this. CFX...PXT...yes...haha. They have some good bats and I am sure they
will continue no matter who does or doesnt buy.

I think the company is filled with dbags that are completely against small business and customers are not even close to their main concern. That's all :)

A lot of girls using this north of the border.. 1st I heard it was very similar to to the CF7, however that's not the performance I am seeing. A lot of girls hitting the ball hard with this bat (CFX)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi