Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2018
I got a ghost (34/24) from Core as they came out, DD is a beast, over a year of heavy use, cage, tee, and live. Not one issue at all and very hot. Prism is still being broken in but again a very hot bat. I wonder if the ghost breakage issues are size related or batch related?? Either way both companies have very good one stamp bats.

What differences would you say between the two bats? I know the Prism feels lighter more balanced according to most. Is the sweet spot bigger on the Prism?

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
The prism comes in much lighter in total weight, so yes it swings lighter, the bat is very balanced. Sweet spot is tough to determine as she has very good eye hand, but really barrels up the prism well. The looks of the no throat on the bat, prism, really make the barrel look huge.

Jun 27, 2018
My daughter has both Ghosts, both 34/24. She’s 5’8” 170 lbs. She’s had the ASA Ghost since it came out and had the USSSA Ghost for about a month. No durability issues as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2, 2013
No one has answered the important question here and that is; Will I be able to sell my DD's CFX Insane and replace it with the Prism without my wife noticing? :)

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
I've noticed some on-line retailers selling Prisms now - I guess the Wilson exclusive period is over. Just bought a Zen at a local retailer 10 days ago.. (waiting for warranty replacement Ghost)

Jun 29, 2018
My kid has hit both the Zen and Prism...gotta say the Zen is better for her even though she like the Prism...its very hot deep in the south so maybe the Prism flexes more therefore with softer balls doesn't work as well..idk..someone smarter will have to explain that..lol

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Bummer that happened to you. I hope Easton took care of it quickly. My DD's 14U TB team has 4 players who own Ghosts, and 2 more players borrow one of them for their ABs. One of those players hits the ball harder than any other 13yo I've ever been around. Zero issues for any of them in 5+ months of practices, friendlies, and tournaments.

Still waiting - not just for a replacement, but for someone at Easton to tell me when they will ship it... I spent $350 on the bat (CDN), she used it at 2 tournaments - broke in the 2nd one... we have been to 2 tournaments since without the bat and only have 1 more tournament left. By next spring the bat will be too small for her (32/22), because she started swinging 33/23 Zen in the mean time...

Jul 3, 2013
Still waiting - not just for a replacement, but for someone at Easton to tell me when they will ship it... I spent $350 on the bat (CDN), she used it at 2 tournaments - broke in the 2nd one... we have been to 2 tournaments since without the bat and only have 1 more tournament left. By next spring the bat will be too small for her (32/22), because she started swinging 33/23 Zen in the mean time...
We sent in ours on June 25th after receiving the ra # email. There were no additional emails from Easton, the only contact was a call I made 2 weeks ago. They said everything was approved and they were waiting for stock to come in. We just got the bat today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
We sent in ours on June 25th after receiving the ra # email. There were no additional emails from Easton, the only contact was a call I made 2 weeks ago. They said everything was approved and they were waiting for stock to come in. We just got the bat today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response - I was just fuming a bit because I called last week and was told that someone inputted the wrong product # on my RA and it would never have been caught unless I called... I was then told that it was corrected and would ship Monday.. I called today to follow up on the shipment and was asked "When did you return the bat?"... Apparently the person I talked to last week was on break so they asked to have my cell so they could call me back "in a few minutes" with an answer... that was 4 hours ago.

Jun 6, 2018
I've noticed some on-line retailers selling Prisms now - I guess the Wilson exclusive period is over. Just bought a Zen at a local retailer 10 days ago.. (waiting for warranty replacement Ghost)

Which online retailers? I only see cheapbats but they have never had it in stock

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez