Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
DD's first impression was "different". and swings easy. Comes in at 23.9 oz on a 34-24. a little more muted sound than both her ghost and lxt, and nothing like the anderson. A little longer in length than the ghost which was longer than the lxt. The knob on the handle is her favorite part so far. Its small and rounded like a half moon to the base if that makes sense. She just did some tee work but was impressed so far. Now just needs to see how far they go (that's her measurement). Will be off to the field for hitting this afternoon I am sure lol

Looking forward to a hands on impression.

Dec 11, 2010
When it comes to the knob, Steven Anderson had it right.

As far as I’m concerned no more research is necessary, don’t redesign the wheel, just put that Anderson knob on every bat made and be done with it.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Well DD was very impressed with the pop and feel of the prism. She said it reminded her of the old blue cf5 she loved. The sweet spot seems huge. Hit a couple buckets of soft toss and the balls were flying. Has a great sound and she said the feel was great. Not like the ghost where the ball seems to sink in, the prism is much firmer if that makes sense. Son had baseball practice so we hit on the next field, she had no problems clearing the fences hahaha. Will get some game reviews in shortly, but here is a couple swings from my 13 yr old. Don’t know yet it it will replace the ghost but will definitely give it a go. Will get the pocket radar out for some exit speeds.
https://youtu.be/NmcnTwen2uU

Apr 16, 2013
Well DD was very impressed with the pop and feel of the prism. She said it reminded her of the old blue cf5 she loved. The sweet spot seems huge. Hit a couple buckets of soft toss and the balls were flying. Has a great sound and she said the feel was great. Not like the ghost where the ball seems to sink in, the prism is much firmer if that makes sense. Son had baseball practice so we hit on the next field, she had no problems clearing the fences hahaha. Will get some game reviews in shortly, but here is a couple swings from my 13 yr old. Don’t know yet it it will replace the ghost but will definitely give it a go. Will get the pocket radar out for some exit speeds.
https://youtu.be/NmcnTwen2uU

I just want to say, brave man for doing that without an L-screen/net! No way in hell would I pitch to my DD or any kid past 9u without a net. My DD taught me that lesson at 10u when a line drive to the temple had me seeing stars on my a$$, literally. The next day I ordered my L-screen!

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
I just want to say, brave man for doing that without an L-screen/net! No way in hell would I pitch to my DD or any kid past 9u without a net. My DD taught me that lesson at 10u when a line drive to the temple had me seeing stars on my a$$, literally. The next day I ordered my L-screen!

Hahaha I only let her pull it without a screen. Otherwise yes I would be in big trouble

Jun 6, 2018
Anymore first hand impressions on the bat? My DD is interested in getting this to replace her Ghost in her bag but I have yet to see one at a tournament in my area (Chicagoland) and only feedback i got was related to 16u Colorado couple weeks back and one better pitcher i knew gave up only her 2nd HR of the season and the girl who hit the dinger used a prism.

May 15, 2015
We picked up a 31/21 for my 11yo dd. I wouldn't have paid $400 for it, but we got a warranty voucher and only had to spend $50 to "upgrade". In a nutshell, I'm a fan.

It isn't magic, but it's a very hot bat with a seemingly large sweet spot that swings very balanced. It's just a touch more end-loaded than CF 8,9,X imho, but nowhere near a Xeno for instance.

The first time we took it out and hit a few buckets of balls off a tee, I was....underwhelmed. It didn't quite measure up ( about 10' short) to the now-broken CF9 31/20 in terms of average distance that it replaced, but then again that bat broke two week prior and was hot as a pistol. It seemed to measure up about just about evenly with a Rawlings Quatro 31/21 we had with several hundred hits on it. After a week or so of tee work in the garage, we went back last night and tried it again. The results of the Prism had definitely improved with a couple hundred hits on it.

Our local fences are 200'. A very good hit from my DD off the tee will one-hop the fence. An average hit will land about 5'-10' short. In a bucket of 24 balls, she was generally hitting the fence once or twice a bucket, which is about what she did the first time we used the Prism straight out of the wrapper. Last night she hit the fence four out of the first 5 swings with the now broken in Prism.

Maybe she grew in a week, maybe we fed her better yesterday, maybe she just WANTED the pretty new bat to be better...whatever the case is, I came away impressed and comfortable in saying that it's at LEAST as good as the other "alpha" bats out there, and might be "better"...whatever that means for a person. For us, that means we're hoping it's more durable than some of the other bats she's swung in the past. She's busted two DeMarini's and one Marucci Pure to date, so I'm really hoping this bat holds up. As far as I'm concerned, all the "Alpha" bats are within 1-2% of each other when broken in, so it just comes down to how large the sweet spot is, how the bat "feels", and how durable it is. For my girl, it passes the first two with flying colors. The last remains to be seen.

Dave

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Our Ghost lasted 2 tournaments before it cracked. Hoping for durability on the Prism...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Our Ghost lasted 2 tournaments before it cracked. Hoping for durability on the Prism...

Bummer that happened to you. I hope Easton took care of it quickly. My DD's 14U TB team has 4 players who own Ghosts, and 2 more players borrow one of them for their ABs. One of those players hits the ball harder than any other 13yo I've ever been around. Zero issues for any of them in 5+ months of practices, friendlies, and tournaments.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
I got a ghost (34/24) from Core as they came out, DD is a beast, over a year of heavy use, cage, tee, and live. Not one issue at all and very hot. Prism is still being broken in but again a very hot bat. I wonder if the ghost breakage issues are size related or batch related?? Either way both companies have very good one stamp bats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi