Demarini CF7 Insane Issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2013
We bought this bat 3 months ago. Within 2 weeks it was apparent that the paint was defective. Demarini said it was "Cosmetic" and wouldn't stand behind the quality of their paint. Last weekend it was removed the game by a PGF umpire because they said it was cracked. So frustrated with Demarini right now. Have had good experiences with their bats until now. What's really frustrating is that they just blow you off like you're trying to cheat them out of a new bat or something. UGH!

IMG_1617.jpgIMG_1616.jpgIMG_1615.jpgIMG_1614.jpgIMG_1613.jpg

Mar 9, 2015
Looks like the marks might be from hitting the barrel against metal cleats. Players tend to do this to get the mud from their cleats but then mark up the bat.

Dec 19, 2012
Yup. All of the damage in the pics above is from hitting metal cleats with the barrel of the bat. None of it is from defective paint.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Your issue is against the Ump tossing the bat. It is not cracks...he should learn bats.

Also, Demarini is right, its cosmetic. Bats will get beaten up and paint will chip. Especially if beaten off cleats which is NOT supposed
to be done. Like some have said, they are deep chips and very specific in size. Def not looking like regular ground scratches or usual
wear. Think those chips should be blamed on somebody else, not the manufacturer :)

They are not turning down your return forever. What they are saying is just because a bat gets paint chips, this is NOT
a reason for warranty replacement. NO bat manufacturer will replace a bat just because of little paint chips. Unless the paint
is literally peeling off and cant read the stamps and is a noticeable defect when painted from the factory.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2013
I can see where it looks like she has been banging that off of metal cleats and that's honestly something I hadn't considered. That seems like a very plausible explanation. Strangely, I looked at her last two bats and neither have these kinds of marks. I have to go back and look at some video of her recent games. Maybe this is something new she is doing. Thanks for the feedback!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If the bat breaks within a year, they will warranty the bat. They just wont give you another bat just
because the bat has paint chips. Bat needs to be cracked/broken/yada yada to receive a new bat.

Mar 11, 2009
the bottom 6 inches of my DD bat is pelted with cleat marks. Hope PGF doesn't ban it. Won't know until next summer.....I try and tell her hit bat on side of cleats not on bottom but to no avail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole