Demarini cf4 vs. Louisville tpx xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2011
My phenix recently broke so I'm looking at buying one of these bats. Any comments on which is better and which lasts longer please! I'm a number4 hitter rigt now so I'm looking to hit the ball hard and possibly get some homeruns if there is also a bat you think is better then these Please let me know thanks!

Aug 10, 2010
XENO. My daughter has been using the cf4 for the past 2 years, with much success. She switched to the xeno, after we have been seeing girls perform well with them. We decided to buy her one, and as good as the cf4 is the xeno isn't a little better it's a lot better. The ball screams off this bat. She has had 2 games so far and she is an eighth grader on the varsity team. 1st game 1 double 2 singles, 3 rbi's. 2nd game 1 double, 1 homerun with 4 rbi's. Good luck

Aug 10, 2010
do not discriminate against 8th graders

What State are you in that they let 8th graders play Varsity?

I'm in New York, up in Dutchess County. She played Varsity basketball this year also. She played on JV last year in 7th grade and was asked by both coaches to move up to Varsity this year. She had to pass a physical fitness test and her doctor had to sign off, saying she was big and strong enough to play with the Varsity. My DD is 5' 8" 145 lbs. so she is actually bigger then some of the juniors and seniors she has been playing with. She loves it because she plays at their level. When she plays with girls her own age it gets very frustrating for her, to play with kids that basically are not there yet.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I just bought my 14u daughter a Demarini 32/22 CF4 Insane to replace her one year old 31/21 regular CF4. We had practice last night and she got to try it out. She's 5'-4" and weights 114. She's solid, but not a big girl. The bat definitely has a lot of pop. We practice on a field with a 200' fence and she hit several that came close to hitting the base of the fence. She told me that she hit a couple down towards the handle and they still made it to the grass. She really likes it, which is what counts.

I tried to find an Xeno in a store locally that I could look at, but nobody had any. I
e-mailed Louisville Slugger and they just gave me a link to the "store finder" area of their website. Which of course I had already utilized before I e-mailed them. Since I couldn't find one to look at, I just went with what I know to be a good durable bat. My daughter's old CF4 is still solid and hits really well.

It seems to me that if all of the top named bats are being designed to meet the maximum allowable exit speeds, there can't be a lot of difference in performance between brands. To me it comes down to feel and my daughter likes the feel of the
CF4s. I also like the wood bat "crack" sound.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Coach JV good post. Now keep in mind the type of hitter you are, your age and experience. Many seem to be going with the Insane due to the sweet spot. I like to use golf as an example. If you have a handicap under say 8, you want the Xeno club, but most of us don't hit the ball that much on the sweet spot, so we have a better score ( Batting Average) and give up distance with the Insane.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
I would say go with the CF4, I've always been a fan of DeMarini's. Two girls on a team I played had the Insane version and they hit some serious bombs with it, I also hit a homerun with my 33/23 CF4. DeMarini just has the technology down, the bats sound good (the Xeno and the Catalyst and sounds similar to glass breaking...nasty) and the ball just jumps off the bat. The CF4 is also a relatively balanced bat compared to a bat like the Synergy. No one on my team has the Xeno, I've seen very few people using it in any of my tournaments.

But most important is to SWING THE BAT. In general, most composites made nowadays are all going to be very similar when it comes to pop, so it just matters if you can swing it well. Godd luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00