Defensive alignment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
Is this legal? 14u. There was a right handed power hitter that could drop bombs all day long but was a slow runner and could not bunt to save her life. Coach shifted SS into outfield and moved 2nd to SS whenever she came up to bat. The defense would shift back when she got on or got out Opposing coach got upset and challenged that it was an illegal defense and should not be allowed. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Except for C, everyone needs to on field of play before P. No rules where, just need to be in lines.

Thru 10U rec we had 4 Ofs, their feet had to start in OF grass which I think is common. Otherwise have 8 infielders.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Is this legal? 14u. There was a right handed power hitter that could drop bombs all day long but was a slow runner and could not bunt to save her life. Coach shifted SS into outfield and moved 2nd to SS whenever she came up to bat. The defense would shift back when she got on or got out Opposing coach got upset and challenged that it was an illegal defense and should not be allowed. Thoughts?

P & C must be in position obviously, but you can put the other 7 where ever you like as long as they are between the lines.

We often play 6 or 7 infielders against slappers who can't get the ball out of the infield and we have taken our RF and played a LF, shallow LCF and CF with 2B right behind the 2B bag against pure pull hitters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez