Dealing with team after a horrible day of playing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
I don't think ranting really helps anyway, unless you are ttrying to motivate with fear:(. Boys or girls. I'm glad attitudes are changing with regards to the way boys are bullied. That said a loud stern voice is good to get the attention of youth's, male and female.
What annoys me are coaches that go to the extreme opposite and coddle the girls. My dd is only 9, but I get so tired of coaches after terrible games played half heartedly telling girls they did a great job by not giving up and how proud they are of them. That's my job, as a parent. I want a coach to be stern and to discipline them in a positive way, I will buy the ice cream to console them later.
But boys and girls are different. I think that everytime I see a player rubbing the back of her pitcher after a few bad pitches. You won't see that in baseball.
I hope that as you go up in age groups the girls shouldn't have to be told what they did wrong, however discipline should also increase.
Sometimes you do have to just pack it in and move on. Short term memory!

AMEN, I watched one of the local 14U team play this last weekend, lost all 4 games by run rule, only scored 3 runs all weekend, probably at least 50 errors. End of the day Coach sits them down and tells them how well they did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG