DD1 HItting Video - Feedback on Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Howard...I tried the concrete block idea (OK...used a storage bin full of books to achieve the same purpose) and the feedback was immediate. After several swings with this setup and seeming like she had gotten the feel of it, I put the softball in the same location (more towards her heel) and again feedback was immediate. Squish bug - ball moves, no squish bug - ball doesn't move. Overall, worked well and I'm going to suggest this approach to another one of the players having similar problems.

One interesting note on all of this, I was able to get some in game footage (after I posted this but before trying any of the suggestions) and the swings were pretty different. In game, not so much squishing the bug (if at all), wider stance, more of step. Still need to work on some stuff though as the hit was still a hard grounder between 3rd and SS. I'll post as soon as I get it off of my camera. One of the things to work on is getting the same swing (or close to it) off the tee, soft toss, indoors as in the game.

Thanks for getting back to us....

Howard

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Howard...I tried the concrete block idea (OK...used a storage bin full of books to achieve the same purpose) and the feedback was immediate. After several swings with this setup and seeming like she had gotten the feel of it, I put the softball in the same location (more towards her heel) and again feedback was immediate. Squish bug - ball moves, no squish bug - ball doesn't move. Overall, worked well and I'm going to suggest this approach to another one of the players having similar problems.

One interesting note on all of this, I was able to get some in game footage (after I posted this but before trying any of the suggestions) and the swings were pretty different. In game, not so much squishing the bug (if at all), wider stance, more of step. Still need to work on some stuff though as the hit was still a hard grounder between 3rd and SS. I'll post as soon as I get it off of my camera. One of the things to work on is getting the same swing (or close to it) off the tee, soft toss, indoors as in the game.

My dd and I shot some video with Howard in some earlier posts. Some of those might help you.

Straightleg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez