DD Verbaled

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Many years ago I taught at an NEC school before it was NEC. LIU Brooklyn. One of my students was a basketball player with dual US Nigerian citizenship. He got to play for the Nigerian team as well as the LIU team. Playing with Hakeem Olujawon was an incredible experience for him.

What impressed me the most was the way the basketball coach put academics first. When my student had to miss a lab to play in a game, the coach reminded him to arrange well in advance to make up the lab.

I really hope your DD has a coach like that. If she does, it could be a fantastic experience for her.

H

Homalosa

It has been a long ride but hard work has paid off. Darn proud of her. Not that it matters much but she will be playing D1 ball. As a parent, I was originally hoping for her to stay at the D2 level but the commitment was not that much different. The education she will get is much better at the school she chose.

Congrats! Our DD verbaled this weekend to a school that came out of nowhere and knocked her off her feet. The first loopty loop of the roller coaster ride is over, now on to the next ride! The work at getting better only continues!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish