DD swing ....what do you think

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Wow... I Like it !!!

pc1.gif
R%20%281%29.gif

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I would say this is one of the best swings we've seen from a young lady. I'm still looking for something to nit-pick, and I haven't found it yet.

Oh, wait...there it is...the garage is kind of messy.

She just turned 16.... plays gold level, does very well in games. She's also a slapper so it takes longer to take the swing to the game because she is slapping and batting 1 or 2 but her new coach is batting her in the 5 hole right now so she will get plenty of hacks in....

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2012
If I could photoshop and swap her legs that would be awesome. PC get on it... you know what I mean? She coils her front leg/hip socket during the forward move. She uses the trigger in the front leg to swing. She uses the drive of the front leg to turn from the front hip. Front leg active, rear leg along for the ride. I'd like to see it the other way around. As is...Should work great off a tee and against pitching that allows you to get away with timing the pitcher. My concern would be against pitching that can deceptively vary speeds. But all that is just my general thinking based on one tee swing so I could be totally making stuff up. Nice intent, looks athletic, play other sports? Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Alot of pop in that swing. I would like to see your DD get more drive off of her rearleg. Seeing a spin in the rear foot/leg now. I would also suggest 'tighten' up the sequence. Seems more of a 'sway' that gets your DD swing started. If I was really going to 'nit pick' don't stare down at the ball on the tee. Look straight ahead and visualize a pitcher and pretend to track the ball to the tee.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd