DD Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2011
Well, I got the go ahead to post a video of her pitch. This is really rough video, but it's enough to get the ball rolling. I hope to get a much better version before too long. She is 11 (turns 12 in mid-August). A whole 4'-09" and 70 lbs. Not very much body mass there yet... we have our fingers crossed though, as I'm just under 6'-0", and was very late to grow. My son is identical, tiny, and clearly not growing yet.... this was with an 11" softball, and she had just been throwing a 12" for tryouts the previous days, so her timing was a bit late with this lighter ball.

She will be reading this, so, try not to be too rough on her!

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Our current conversations are really centered around these topics.
1. I'm hoping to see a stronger leg drive out of her. She does get just around 5' out, which honestly feels like it's meeting the criteria of height +10% as a maximum leap, but it 'feels' like the power is just not in that launch.
2. She has a small twist in her drive foot as she thrusts forwards.
3. Her drag foot gets a bit too heel down (dropping the anchor), rather than just gliding along the ground.
4. Her glove hand. She's not swimming so much, but just dangling it out there. She is working to bring it down (without slapping).

Mar 13, 2010
Honestly the videos are really hard to see her in. I wouldn't want to make too many comments without seeing better video. The first three don't even show a full pitch.

The only thing I can see is that she is going too high and to work on her release point, but without better, longer video, I don't want to make many recommendations.

Jun 24, 2009
She drops her glove hand and never raises it above her waist. Look at some pitching videos of other pitchers and compare to your DD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06