dd pitching video- thoughts/feedback ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
Hillhouse teaches the rise relatively early. My 13yo throws it. And the only mechanics change is that she gets under the ball rather than over it. No super long stride, no lean back. Her rise isn't perfect, but it is effective.

Jun 14, 2010
I think her mechanics change between the two pitches because she (the girl) is taught to change her mechanics between the two pitches. Hillhouse is the only one I know of that mechanics never change between all of the pitches, only difference is the rise ball grip and the spin.

Oct 24, 2012
LaGrange, Ohio
I think her mechanics change between the two pitches because she (the girl) is taught to change her mechanics between the two pitches. Hillhouse is the only one I know of that mechanics never change between all of the pitches, only difference is the rise ball grip and the spin.

Yes, the way she is taught to throw the rise is different than her other pitches (stay open longer, keep weight back) and of course, a different spin and to get under the ball.

In her drop curve she uses shoulder which she is trying to "fix" and use more wrist/fingers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors