DD On Fire!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
I know, I know. My turn to brag a bit.

DD is on fire this season with her hitting. She is in total beast mode right now. The season is early but with 6 games played she is a total hitting machine. In 6 games and 15 at bats DD has 4 home runs (2 in 1 game), 3 triples, 3 doubles, 2 singles (well 1 was on error), 2 walks and 1 ground out at first. One of her singles (on error) she hit the ball so hard it bounced off 2 infielders, left the shortstop hurt on the ground and DD was able to beat the play. I'm so proud of her right now.

She had a home run on Sunday's Select game, im not exaggerating because its me DD. She crushed the ball sooooooooo hard, it's the hardest hit ball I've ever seen hit from any player in 10U. I mean crushed it! Straight bullet line drive about 10 feet high all the way to at least the 200 feet marker, from there (no fences) it rolled almost another 100+ feet. DD as slow as she is and I have said that many times here, was rounding 3rd when the left outfielder made 1st touch. It was a 4 player relay to get the ball back. The dugout cleared out to celebrate and DD with her teammates were all back in the dugout when the ball finally made it into the infield. All week at our fields every one has been talking about. DD is on cloud 9 with all the attention she is receiving, lol.

Sorry for the long brag session. It's just feels really good to see all of DD's hard work and effort pay off. DD has always been a good hitter but right now she is on another level. She has developed sooooooooo much power in her swing and she has a really good eye for the ball. Thanks DFP for giving me this outlet to vent and get all this softball madness out when DW gets tired of hearing it. Lol

May 24, 2013
So Cal
One of her singles (on error) she hit the ball so hard it bounced off 2 infielders, left the shortstop hurt on the ground and DD was able to beat the play.

Based on that description, I would probably rule that a legit single. If the ball was hit so hard that it would take an unusual effort to make the play, it's not an error.

Props to your DD. If I recall from 8U, she was a big threat in the box even then. It's fun watching their hard work pay off, isn't it?

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
A great start, but perhaps she's ready to try hitting a full-sized ball at 12U. My kid was a ball-crusher at 10U, and her first year as a 12U was more of a challenge. Now, she's hitting the bigger ball as well as ever. Also, I know from personal experience that slumps mysteriously happen just when you think that nobody can get you out.

Mar 21, 2013
Congrats! DD is a first year 10 and it's neat to see how many of the older girls that were at her level 2 years ago aren't even in the same zip code now. Hard work does pay off. You can't cheat time. You either put it in or you don't!

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
DD still at it this weekend. 1st at bat DD nails a homer over left center with a runner on 3rd, nothing close to the hit she got last Sunday. 2nd at bat DD gets caught on a change up but still makes good contact that resulted in a RBI ground out at first. Her 3rd at bat DD comes up with bases loaded, DW busts out her phone to record the possible grand slam. Im the 1st base coach next to the opposing teams dugout. The coach decides to walk DD but apparently its something that they have not asked their pitcher to do "ever". Opposing HC calls for time to talk to his infield. I meet DD at the plate with HC and tell her that they are going to intentionally walk her but stay awake incase they try to sneek in a pitch. The Blue breaks up the time out and when everyone returned to their positions it was clear that the opposing team still didnt understand HC directions. HC hollers, "What don't you understand about just walk her." then he hollers at his catcher' "Stand up, Stand up." The pitcher winds up and leaves a slightly high and outside meatball for DD who in my opinion gave it an ugly swing but she was so amped about the potential grand slam and she understood they were trying to walk her so she just reached out for the pitch. The play resulted in a solid triple but everyone was hoping our HC would have sent her home.

here is the video, honestly this is the first video Ive ever posted on a message board. Hopefully soon i will upload video of DD at the cages so you guys can break down her swing.

[video=youtube_share;DI-lPzws1hw]http://youtu.be/DI-lPzws1hw[/video]

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah