DD just threw a 2-hitter vs. Okana Tigers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I know this is just one game, but since my DD has been struggling in the circle lately, I thought I would give her a shout out. She threw a 2-hitter tonight in the Legacy Showcase against the Ohana Tigers. I had never heard of the Ohana Tigers when I saw them on our schedule, but apparently this is the old So. Cal Athletics - Quarles team that won ASA two years ago and came in second last year at PGF Nationals. Needless to say I was beyond thrilled. They have two girls committed to Florida and Tim Walton watched every inning! Game ended in a 0-0 tie.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Seriously, were any, um, Big 10 coaches there? You wrote that hilarious post a month ago about trying to find the nearest liquor store after your dd walked a few batters and gave up a couple of hits in front of her future college coaches. Did they get to see her tonight??

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
0-0? Sounds like your dd didn't hit very well. Late night batting cage session?? :)

I like the way you think! Now that we seem to have "righted the ship" on the pitching front, it is time to work on her batting again!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Seriously, were any, um, Big 10 coaches there? You wrote that hilarious post a month ago about trying to find the nearest liquor store after your dd walked a few batters and gave up a couple of hits in front of her future college coaches. Did they get to see her tonight??

If they were there, I did not see them.....Murphy's Law at it's finest!

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Actually, the batting cages comment sbows how a lot of girls think.
Last weekend DD 3 had by far her best tourney pitching.
Afterwards? She complained about her hitting slump.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Sounds like she had an amazing weekend. I'd bet if this team had a couple FL commits on it and Walton was there, there where more guys in the crowd than you may think. Sharks will circle when there's quality up for grabs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad