Dd got her drivers license today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Mine has her learner's permit. I try not to let her notice my knuckles turning white as I clutch the passenger door handle. ;-)

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Mine got her permit just before Father's Day. Luckily she's been away at tournaments so she hasn't asked me to drive too much yet.

Sep 17, 2009
It's why I appreciate coaching so much. Driving together to games and practices is about the only time I see her, and especially spend large amounts of time with her, since she got her license....AND her license also lets her drive herself to high school (and high school early workouts, 4:45 a.m.) so there's that benefit too :)

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
First season when DD could help with the driving, highway is vastly less stressful than city driving, so having her take an hour or two on some of the long trek's out of state has been helpful. Certainly not as restful as taking a nap with DW behind the wheel, but once DD got used to it all I really had to do was scan the road.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The day my dd got her license it felt like I was free. I'm not sure who was happier her or me. No more driving to 3 different HS sports practice 3-4 days a week, no more having to be to all the football games an hour early for band, no more late night marching band practices, no more having to be to games an hour early. No more driving to 3 open gyms a week during the summer.

It was glorious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad